|ScotiaMcLeod Administrative Support Assistant - West Vancouver|
ScotiaMcLeod Administrative Support Assistant - West Vancouver
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 158929
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
As the Administrative Support Assistant role you will provide administrative support to one or more Advisors and their teams.
Is this role for you? In this role you will:
1. Ensure a high level of non-trade client service by:
- Arranging client meetings including venues, preparing printed materials and handling schedule changes
- Assisting with Advisor seminars by booking venues, scheduling guests, greeting clients, arranging for refreshments etc.
- Following up on client meetings and entering notes in contact management system
- Processing client requests, account transfers, deposits, withdrawals and payments, requests for tax receipts and account reporting
- Responding to client inquiries and issues in a timely, responsive manner and escalating to Advisor when appropriate
2. Provide administrative support by:
- Processing client account documentation
- Assisting in writing and processing clients’/prospects letters and proposals
- Ordering marketing materials
- Maintaining client files and information on the appropriate systems
- Opening new accounts and processing new account documentation
- Processing account transfer documentation and follow up to ensure receipt
- Following up on outstanding documentation for restricted accounts
- Ensuring all client interaction is accurately documented
- Gathering deferred sales charge (DSC) information
- Ensuring adherence of all regulatory rules as it relates to client accounts and related documentation
- Following up with clients on missing documentation required as per the industry regulatory requirements
3. Contribute to the effective functioning of the branch team by:
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
Do you have the required skills to excel in the role? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Secondary education
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : West Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.