New Job Quality Assurance Analyst - Eligibility List In Saskatchewan
|Quality Assurance Analyst - Eligibility List|
Quality Assurance Analyst - Eligibility List
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $32.79–$39.93 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Public Employees’ Benefits Agency (PEBA) administers two of Canada’s top 100 Pension Funds, including Canada’s top Defined Contribution Pension Plan, along with a number of other pension and benefit programs. Our vision of Fostering Financial Wellness leads the work we do in providing valuable pension and benefit services to the over 100,000 members we are proud to serve.
PEBA is pursuing a new governance and operating structure as a non-profit corporation separate from the Government of Saskatchewan. It is anticipated this transition will be complete by 2024. You can find more information about this change on the PEBA website.
PEBA requires a creative and motivated individual to assume a challenging Quality Assurance Analyst role.
This role supports both Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit pension plans and is responsible for:
- Working in direct collaboration with the team and other stakeholders to understand system requirements, develop test plans, test cases, and verify test results as well as provide regular reports of the results;
- Testing the solutions in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility;
- Ensuring the system is compliant with legislation or administrative policy and business process;
- Ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live; and
- Identifying any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
Our successful candidate will be able to:
- provide support to pension administration staff and external clients on processes and procedures relating to the supported business applications;
- verbally and in writing explain technical information to a variety of non-technical and technical individuals in a clear and concise manner;
- execute test plans in relation to acceptance, usability and regression testing;
- clearly document and communicate test results; and
- apply analytical problem solving and be able to recommend solutions.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position will be attained by:
- completing a post-secondary degree or diploma in the information technology field and related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- practical experience in an information technology department;
- relevant quality assurance technical experience;
- supporting pension systems would be an asset; and
- completing the Pension Plan Administration Certificate course (PPAC) and/or the Certified Employee Benefits Specialist program (CEBS) would be an asset.
Candidates must clearly describe in their resume or cover letter how they have acquired the above knowledge. Selections for interviews will be made on the basis of this information.
What We Offer
PEBA offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity, diversity and inclusion. In addition, the Saskatchewan public service offers a number of employment advantages such as:
- a competitive salary;
- comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- career development, advancement and learning opportunities;
- flexible work arrangements; and
- vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave.
This competition will be used to create an eligibility list that will be vaild for up to six months from the close of this competition, and will be used to staff current and future permanent and term opportunities.