Company : Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
Salary : $44,148–$61,620 a year
Location : New Brunswick
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
Express of Interest
Who we are:
The work we do has a positive impact on our communities and helps improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers. Together, we are over 45,000 New Brunswickers who are passionate problem-solvers, who make a difference and are proud to call New Brunswick home.
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (EECD) is dedicated to fulfilling New Brunswick's educational mission. The work we do aims to develop engaged and ethical citizens who lead balanced lives and have a desire to learn throughout their lives. Our actions in this regard have a positive impact on our communities and help to improve the everyday lives of New Brunswickers.
The employees of EECD develop programs and offer services that support parents and educators and encourage learners from birth to 20 years old, to achieve lasting and transferable learning that will serve them throughout their lives.
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development is seeking an individual to join the Stratégies et services transformationnels branch as a promotion agent.
What you will do:
A handful of exceptionally qualified candidates are selected every year to work collaboratively with the New Brunswick Provincial Coordinator to promote the official languages programs (Odyssey, Explore and Destination Clic) and recruit potential participants.
- Promote the Explore, Odyssey and Destination Clic programs within your assigned New Brunswick regions
- Communicate with the contact people for the various educational institutions in your assigned regions, and respond to their requests for program promotion
- Plan and implement a promotional tour (logistics; accountability and administrative follow-up; preparation and facilitation of presentations for various groups, given in classrooms and at kiosks)
- Work with other promotion agents to ensure the follow-through of the promotion team's action plan (including, but not limited to, managing promotional materials, compiling promotional data, updating documents, participating in different events and implementing special projects)
- Participate in the selection interviews of Odyssey program applicants and help with processing special requests from Explore and Destination Clic funding recipients
- Complete other related tasks for the Stratégies et services transformationnels team
- Travel to Fredericton and to New Brunswick's Francophone Public Schools
- Opportunity for telework in New Brunswick
- Standard hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with possibility of travel during evenings and weekends
- We promote a scent-reduced environment
Who you are:
You are motivated, work well with others and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You can find innovative solutions to complex problems working in an effective collaborative environment, and you treat people in a polite and professional manner.
Your attitude, skills and interests are just as important as your area of study. We are looking for diverse backgrounds that bring a combination of the following:
Need to have:
- Completion of one (1) year of post-secondary education in the area of recreation, administration, marketing or a related field
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability
Nice to have:
- Group presentation experience would be an asset
- Creative/Innovative Reasoning
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Relationship/Network Building
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Records and information management knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Written communication skills
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that your preferred language for assessment is identified on your résumé.
Pay Band 2 - $44,148 - $61,620 annually.
What GNB can offer you:
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training
- Free access to the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
- One paid volunteer day per year to give back to the community
Providing a safe workplace for all. Your health and safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventive measures across the organization to ensure your health and safety.
How to apply:
We encourage applicants to apply online at www.ere.gnb.ca, by mail at the following address or by email at [email protected] indicating competition number 22-2000-C40. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
Place 2000, 250 King Street
Fredericton, N.B. E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Let's connect. You belong here.