Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $95,248–$110,615 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill 1-2 2-year term/anticipatory permanent positions, with possibility for extension. Temporary assignments and underfill hires may be considered.
Government of Yukon > Highways and Public Works Department > Transportation Planning Branch
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team! This position will work as a senior member of our Business Modernization Initiative, a unique consulting unit within the Department of Highways and Public Works and within the Yukon government. You will work closely with management, clients and colleagues to identify and deliver projects that ensure departmental priorities are being accomplished in the most efficient and effective way.
Who are we looking for?
- An experienced Project Manager with strong stakeholder relations, project management, team and people management skills from a variety of areas of expertise.
What will you be doing?
- Work within a supportive team and be part of the continuous improvement of the department, its services, processes, organizational structures and tools.
- Work closely with management and staff to understand our clients’ complex business needs, and to design, implement and evaluate innovative and effective solutions.
- Help us improve our project management framework and practices.
- Coach and support staff in the delivery of the client portfolio and in their professional development.
Why you might like working for us?
- Lead projects of varying size, complexity and subject areas that promote an effective organization and efficient delivery of client services.
- Work in close collaboration with our clients and stakeholders and create tangible results for our clients and for Yukoners.
- Look to learn from and contribute to the project management and change management practices of a supportive and innovative team that has a strong lead role with the organization.
The Government of Yukon is made up of several departments and corporations. They deliver the programs and services mandated by Yukon’s laws. Yukon’s Department of Highways and Public Works provides services and infrastructure that Yukoners need to go about their daily lives with safety, connectivity, and purpose. Things like roads and bridges, buildings and equipment, airports and government services, and information and communications networks. Our work is building the foundations that enable you to enjoy a full life in Yukon, one with freedom and opportunity to travel where you need, to do your job without constraints and to connect with the people that matter to you.
The Business Modernization Initiative is the Yukon government’s only consulting unit. We guide our clients from across the department and beyond in solving their most complex business problems and in creating lasting improvements in efficiency, effectiveness, and leadership through a variety of consulting services. We pride ourselves on our innovative and solution-focused culture and approach. The great initiatives we are involved in span from assisting changes in organizational structures, to supporting the development of investment strategies, to streamlining and digitizing business processes.
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
- A Post-secondary education in project management, commerce, business administration, policy, human resources, information technology, or related field;
- Significant, recent project management experience leading business improvement projects and teams, supported by formal project management training or extensive experience;
- Experience producing comprehensive technical, analytical, and public-appropriate reports alongside communication plans, presentations, status reports, and other project related reporting;
- Experience providing advice and recommendations to senior management;
- Demonstrated experience engaging with stakeholders and clients;
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) will be considered an asset;
- Experience working in public sector will be considered an asset;
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Team Leadership; ability to lead, integrate and develop teams within and across organizational boundaries;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate projects;
- Experience motivating and coaching employees;
- Ability to establish strong and effective working relationships with senior management, and other stakeholders;
- Familiar with organizational change concepts;
- Exceptional client service focus;
- Strategic thinking skills;
Conditions of Employment: Must possess and maintain a valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent
Job Requirements: Travel and mandatory use of personal protective equipment.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Anett Kralisch, Manager, Strategic Initiatives (BMI) at [email protected]
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact HR Consultant, Kylie Townend at [email protected]