|Process Improvement Officer (311) EX22-917|
Process Improvement Officer (311) EX22-917
Company : City of Greater Sudbury
Salary : $31.21–$39.37 an hour
Location : Ontario
Posting date: July 28, 2022
Job Title: Process Improvement Officer (311)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting number: EX22-917
Status: Limited position
Estimated Probable Duration: Six (6) Months
Hours of Work: 70 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: No
Range of Pay: $31.21 to $39.37 per hour
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: Tom Davies Square
Work from Home* : * Yes (part time)
Section: Customer Service and 311
Division: Communications and Community Engagement
Department: Office of the Chief Administrative Officer**
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Manager of Customer Service and 311.
- Analyze and make recommendations to enhance the effectiveness of processes related to the life-cycle of 311 service requests,
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate process improvements to optimize the 311 service experience for internal and external users.
- Prepare, analyse, optimize and maintain section business process flow-charts.
- Work closely with departments to develop, implement and improve processes related to 311 calls.
- Represent the division by participating on various committees (e.g. Employee Wellness, Social Committee, United Way).
- Monitor, coordinate, audit and analyze reports and data from different sources and advise of trends, issues and recommendations.
- Monitor, review and track the status of 311 and service request files.
- Reply to and/or initiate action on matters related to 311 as required.
- Conduct system administration and training for the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes in procedures for the department to optimize the use of 311 across the organization.
- Co-ordinate purchasing processes Customer Service and 311 section.
- Process invoices for the Customer Service and 311 section.
- Conduct research projects for the division, as directed by the Director of Communications and Community Engagement and/or Manager of Customer Service and 311.
- Monitor the after-hours contract budget by reviewing expenditures throughout the year; provide information as required to prepare annual budget, make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare and review documents, processes, flow charts, and procedures for accuracy, and make recommendations for improvements for departments and 311.
- Co-ordinate the resolution of issues related to 311 and the CRM system.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- College Diploma in a related discipline (i.e. Business Administration) from a recognized Community College with Canadian accreditation.
- Over two and a half years (2½) up to and including five (5) years of related experience in the field of customer service and business administration or process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive materials and absolute discretion.
- Demonstrated business analysis and process improvement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse client groups to achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrated and proven ability related to computer software and administrative systems in a Windows environment (e.g. files maintenance, word processing, computerized spreadsheet applications, presentation software, information input and retrieval, etc.).
- Excellent research, data compilation and analysis skills.
- Knowledge of content management systems and software, and their related processes.
- Excellent ability to use diplomacy and sensitivity in a variety of situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- Physical capability to operate a vehicle safely, possession of a valid driver’s licence, and have an acceptable driving record is considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-917 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at [email protected] or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Monday, August 8, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
For more information regarding working from home, please refer to the Work From Home Program* section.*
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury has launched a survey to understand what prospective employees are looking for from an employer. Please take a few minutes to provide us with your input. Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you in advance for your participation in the survey!
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment, and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada, with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed, approved and responded to, by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $31.21-$39.37 per hour