|Policy and Program Analyst|
Policy and Program Analyst
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $59,406–$74,801 a year
Location : Manitoba
Policy and Program Analyst
PM2 Program and Policy Analyst
Policy & Legislation, Community Planning & Development
Advertisement Number: 39596
Salary(s): PM2 $59,406.00 - $74,801.00 per year
Closing Date: August 14, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created from this competition and be in effect for 12 months, and be used to fill term or regular positions in this, or other departments.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, however in order to be considered for this opportunity, you must submit both the application form and your resume.
Click here to access application form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary degree related to Urban / Rural / Regional Planning, Public Administration, Economics, or Rural Development. A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Experience conducting research and analysis for policy/project development and implementation.
- Excellent written communication skills for preparing documents for executive decision-makers and various other audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities with strict timelines.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills for building and maintaining positive working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong verbal communication skills for effectively communicating with various levels of audiences within the organization.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to formulate recommendations to senior leaders.
- Strong political acumen for navigating sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, and display initiative to independently manage projects.
- Ability to provide service in both official languages.
The Policy and Program Analyst supports the Community Planning & Development Division of the Department of Municipal Relations by researching and developing legislation, policies, programs and project initiatives with a cross-divisional, cross-departmental or inter-governmental focus related to departmental priorities. The Analyst performs qualitative and quantitative analysis of information, prepares submissions, advisory notes, issues updates, options papers, reports and other materials used as basis for decision making.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.