|Planning Technician 1|
Planning Technician 1
Company : City of Coquitlam
Salary : $35.66–$41.98 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Planning Technician 1
The ideal candidate should possess a diploma or university degree in planning or a related discipline, supplemented by technical courses related to the work, plus sound related experience, preferably in a municipal government setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience. The ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- Knowledge of Zoning Bylaw, Official Community Plan, Design Guidelines and the Local Government Act.
- Sound knowledge of planning principles.
- Knowledge of research, statistical and analytical principles/practices.
- Sound knowledge of department, political functions, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Proven experience in customer service.
- Ability to interpret moderately complex technical information, policies and procedures and explain them to the public.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret various construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to conduct accurate and independent research in support of planning issues and be able to analyze, interpret and make recommendations based on information obtained.
- Ability to use software applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, and Sketch-Up would be considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form, to prepare and present reports and maintain records.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
The City offers a competitive salary a CUPE hourly rate of $35.66- $41.98 per hour (2022 rates), and an excellent benefits package. Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check. The City has a vaccination policy that is currently suspended. However, should the policy be reinstated, it will be a requirement for all current and future employees.
Good people make Coquitlam great, sign up for career alerts through our recruitment portal to stay up to date about opportunities within our team, or follow us on LinkedIn to learn more about how #YouCouldWorkHere too!
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55 pm on August 09, 2022.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.