Company : Canadian Health Labs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Canadian Health Labs (CHL) is a mobile healthcare provider under contract to provide healthcare services for various public and private sector organizations throughout Canada. This is an opportunity to contribute to keeping Canadians safe and healthy while getting to explore new locations across our beautiful country.
Pharmacy Techs are needed for travel/deployment assignments in Saskatchewan, Canada.
The Pharmacy Technician will perform functions related to the pharmacy. This role requires professional judgment and extensive technical training. The ideal candidate should be able to answer pharmaceutical questions and display exceptional customer service skills. He/she must display compassion and understanding in addition to attention to detail and excellent administrative skills.
We are looking for individuals who can travel/deploy for a minimum of 30-days (or longer).
- Prepare prescriptions – Prepare medication, as prescribed by physicians, under the guidance of the acting Pharmacist. Under the direction of Pharmacists, remove unneeded or outdated drugs from stock and prepare for return or disposal. Order, receive, and maintain the inventory to maintain tight security at all times.
- Provide administrative support – Maintain a clean and organized environment, including the pharmacy stock and supply area. Document orders, prescriptions, purchase orders, stock, and disbursements into the computer system. Generate orders for drugs and supplies with the guidance from the Pharmacist.
Education and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Successful completion of a pharmacy technician training course and licensing, as required
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical field employees and interpret company policies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format.
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks
- Ability to prioritize care and demonstrates critical thinking skills
Is based on experience and qualifications. Generous base + incentive options.
Travel and accommodations paid for. This is a CONTRACT position