Company : Canadian Health Labs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Canadian Health Labs (CHL) is a mobile healthcare provider under contract to provide healthcare services for various public and private sector organizations throughout Canada. This is an opportunity to contribute to keeping Canadians safe and healthy while getting to explore new locations across our beautiful country.
Pharmacists are needed for travel/deployment assignments in Saskatchewan, Canada.
To manage the overall operations of the Pharmacy, including providing consultation to both customers and health care providers, practice to full scope in providing professional services, dispensing medication, and assisting in the maintenance of the dispensary.
We are looking for individuals who can travel/deploy for a minimum of 30-days (or longer).
- Advise customers, patients, other licensed healthcare workers on the selection and usage of non-prescription and prescription medication
- Ask patients about other drugs they are taking or if they have existing medical conditions to prevent negative side effects
- Educate patients on the possible side effects of their medication and answer any questions they may have
- Maintain medication profiles of patients, including registering narcotics, and controlled drugs
- Compound pharmaceutical products when necessary, including calculating and measuring correct quantities of drugs and other ingredients to fulfill prescriptions
- Order and maintain stock of pharmaceutical supplies and medication
- Ensure pharmaceuticals, including vaccines, are properly packaged, distributed, prepared, and stored
- Supervise pharmacy technicians preparing and dispensing medications
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduation from an approved and accredited Pharmacist program
- Hold a current pharmacist license in good standing
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of clinical and non-clinical Field employees and interpret company policies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format.
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks
- Ability to prioritize care and demonstrates critical thinking skills
Is based on experience and qualifications. Generous base + incentive options.
Travel and accommodations paid for. This is a CONTRACT position