Company : City of Regina
Salary : $27.02–$28.75 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
This position has limited guaranteed hours with the typical minimum being 15-25 hours per week. This position cannot accommodate someone currently working in a full-time position because individuals are required to be on call and work Monday-Friday between the hours of 5:30a.m.-11:05p.m., Saturdays 6:45a.m.-12 Midnight and Sundays/Statutory Holidays 7:45a.m.-7:00p.m. The position can accommodate another part-time job or commitments such as university classes.
This position receives, processes and dispatches requests for paratransit services through the operation of a computerized scheduling system. This position reports to the Paratransit Coordinator.
Typical duties include:
- Receive and process same day, advance, group and subscription booking requests and cancellations from passengers.
- Update passenger registration information.
- Communicate cancellations, additions, transfers or other changes required by paratransit operators via two-way radio or mobile data tablet.
- Schedule daily operator assignments and ensure schedules are received by assigned operators.
- Provide registration and policy/procedure information to passengers.
- Provide emergency coordination in case of an accident or other road incident.
- Tabulate data respecting performance indicators.
- Assist in the training and orientation of new staff.
- Provide verification of fares.
- Schedule passengers for on demand trips.
- Perform related duties as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
Typically the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are obtained through completion of Grade Twelve (12), and a minimum of one (1) year experience working with computers and word processing and menu-driven computerized software programs, along with experience in radio operations, telephone service, customer service and working with persons with disabilities. Experience in transportation is desirable. Candidates should possess:
- Thorough knowledge of the City of Regina geography.
- Thorough knowledge of scheduling and dispatch procedures.
- Knowledge of the transportation needs of persons with disabilities.
- Ability to participate effectively as a part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively by providing clear, concise and accurate information to the to the general public and other City personnel.
- Ability to operate computers including word processing and menu-driven computerized software programs.
- Ability to maintain close attention to detail under high volume work situations.
- Ability to tabulate and maintain records.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to be called in on short notice to work shifts
✓ Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
✓ Note: As per the City of Regina's Criminal Record Check Policy, the successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check.
✓ Note: Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $27.02-$28.75 per hour
- Overtime pay
Flexible language requirement:
- French not required
- On call