|Motor Coach Industries - Cell Leader|
Motor Coach Industries - Cell Leader
Company : NFI
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
The Production Supervisor is responsible for providing front line supervision within a unionized manufacturing environment. Co-ordinates production activities ensuring work is carried out to TAKT time and budget and that work meets customer requirements. Provides direction to employees to adhere to TAKT times. Ensures employees adhere to company policies and procedures. Ensures work is carried out in accordance with MCI's health, safety and environment protocols. Provides communication link to senior management and ensures objectives are met to achieve business goals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Directs department activities and ensures production is carried out in accordance with customer requirements, TAKT times and LEAN manufacturing practices. Implements improvements within the department via Kaizen events as required.
- Ensures work meets quality standards. Addresses any non-conforming materials with the Material Review Board. Follows through on quality issues by ensuring root causes are identified and addressed.
- Monitors and ensures budget compliance and provides updates on department budget status to management. Advises management of issues when required.
- Directs and assigns work to production employees (via balanced lines) and ensures employees have the training, skills and authorization to perform tasks. Promotes Lean training within the group. Manages employee performance to maximize effectiveness as set against the TAKT time.
- Ensures employees perform work safely and that equipment is maintained and processes are carried out in compliance with Health, Safety and Environment (H&S/E) policies and procedures. Takes proactive measures to address H&S/E issues. When required, leads investigations and enforces compliance as applicable.
- Provides guidance to employees on work requirements and expectations. Ensures employees perform effectively and comply with various company policies, procedures and practices including: Plant Rules, Plant Health & Safety Rules, Attendance, Human Rights, and others as applicable. Addresses any employee compliance or performance issues through MCI's corrective action process.
- Ensures compliance with terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement. Responds and addresses employee/labor relations matters as appropriate.
- Maintains and enforces department standards of neatness, order and cleanliness to meet "5 S" targets. Carries out other projects or initiatives aimed at advancing MCI's business effectiveness. Any other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Previous leadership experience with a minimum of 3-5 years experience working within a manufacturing environment, preferably in the transportation, automotive or bus industry
- Experience working in unionized environment is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, and a track record of dealing with progressive discipline issues in a constructive fashion
- Dedication to continuous learning is evident through your varied educational background, or a combination of progressive related experience and hands-on learning along with a desire to further your education
- Good computer skills, with focus on MS Office (Word / Excel)
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Motor Coach Industries is Reliability Driven - we value safety, high quality products and employee engagement in everything we do
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer ten times since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
OUR WHY: We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information are available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.arbocsv.com, www.alexander-dennis.com, www.carfaircomposites.com and www.nfi.parts.