|Marketing and Sales Intern|
Marketing and Sales Intern
Company : KITCO Fiber Optics, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.Responsible for selling company’s product and/or services via telephone. Makes outbound calls to existing and potential customers. May be quota carrying or assigned to support the day-to-day sales need of an existing customer. Responsible for selling company’s product and/or services via telephone. Makes outbound calls to existing and potential customers. May be quota carrying or assigned to support the day-to-day sales need of an existing customer.
At KITCO Fiber Optics , we are a leading provider of fiber optic termination products and consulting services to the military and commercial communications industry. We specialize in the design and fabrication of fiber optic tools, tool kits, and custom cable assemblies. We also produce private label kits for a number of major connector manufacturers and sell our own broad line of products. Our field services division also performs on-site termination, splicing, troubleshooting and testing support, and our training division provides hands-on training and certification programs. We are recognized within the defense industry as fiber optic connectivity experts and, for over 20 years, have customized our products and services to meet strict military standards. We are a proud part of Marmon Aerospace and Defense Group, a Berkshire Hathaway Company.
We are looking for a: Sales and Marketing Intern at our offices located in Norfolk, VA.
Local Candidates preferred (assignment may extend into school year), hybrid / remote work arrangements may be considered.
- Assist in the generation of sales quotations / purchase orders and track to completion.
- Answer telephone or email inquiries and either respond or route to functional departments.
- Recommend changes to company website and implement.
- Design and execute marketing campaigns.
- Participate in the design and implementation of E-commerce platform.
- Assist Sales Manager with data mining, ERP requirements analysis, and process mapping.
- Build and apply knowledge for fiber optic: cables, connectors, tool kits.
- Understand basic credit terms, credit card transactions, sales tax, and beginning accounting concepts as applied to sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Pursuing a degree in a relevant subject, such as Marketing or Business
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically MS Excel
- Good personal communications skills, both written and verbal
- Exposure to business systems software, preferably MAX/Dynamics.
- Aptitude for technical information and ability to develop specific product information.
- Capacity to develop customer expertise (in terms of both developing positive customer relationships and knowledge of customers' businesses and needs).
- Safety - While individual has little responsibility for the safety of others and duties are performed in an area free of hazardous equipment or materials, the individual has a responsibility, both to self and others, to perform duties in as safe a manner as possible to prevent accidents.
- Working Conditions - Individual works in normal office conditions.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law .
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to [email protected], and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.