|Manager, Planning, Reporting and Accountability|
Manager, Planning, Reporting and Accountability
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $45.29–$56.76 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is an exciting workplace that recognizes and empowers its people, promotes continuous learning, and provides value for our clients. We offer dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity.
The mission of the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is to develop, attract and retain a skilled workforce that supports investment and economic growth in Saskatchewan, and helps citizens realize their full potential. It takes great people, working together as a team in order to make this happen. Our core values include providing exceptional customer service, treating others with respect, acting with integrity and upholding our commitment to excellence and innovation as one team. Our team demonstrates these values in our daily behaviours.
The Planning, Reporting and Accountability Branch is seeking a proactive and innovative team player with strong communication and leadership skills for the role of Manager, Planning Reporting and Accountability. The manager plays an important role in the ministry to improve strategic planning, performance and accountability for the organization, and to improve labour market outcomes for the province.
Reporting to the Director, Planning, Reporting and Accountability, your responsibilities will include:
- lead a team of experienced professionals in the day-to-day operations of the Team;
- provide leadership, expertise and direction in the development, planning, and evaluation of the Ministry’s strategies, programs and policies;
- develop, enhance and facilitate planning processes and deliverables;
- design practical frameworks and approaches in the development and integration of planning processes and continuous improvement deliverables;
- develop evaluation frameworks to enable the Unit and/or Ministry to evaluate its performance in meeting strategic goals and objectives, including the identification of outcomes, performance measures, data collection issues and methods; and
- ensure Saskatchewan’s compliance under labour market agreements, including ensuring all planning and reporting requirements are met.
Success in this role demands:
- knowledge of labour market and human resource trends, practices, strategies, priorities and implications;
- extensive knowledge and experience in planning, including building frameworks and processes, and creating deliverables;
- knowledge of continuous improvement reporting and processes;
- knowledge of and experience leading and facilitating diverse stakeholder and staff groups to reach positive, ministry-wide results;
- the ability to coach, mentor, provide learning opportunities, and monitor progress of staff to ensure deadlines, goals and objectives are met; and
- the ability to analyze long-term trends and issues, identify and develop options and solutions, and make recommendations in order to meet Ministry goals and client needs.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through
a Master’s degree in public administration, or a related discipline, supplemented with significant related experience.
What we offer:
As part of the Saskatchewan public service, working for the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training provides you:
- The opportunity to work with purpose to create the opportunity for people to build their careers in the province and support provincial employers to have workers with the right skills at the right time to make Saskatchewan the best place in Canada – to live, to work, to start a business, to get an education, to raise a family and to build a life;
- Professional development and advancement opportunities;
- A comprehensive salary and benefits package including pension;
- Support for work-life balance;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave.