Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $65,288–$82,064 a year
Location : Manitoba
XO4 Administrative Officer 4
Policing Services and Public Safety, Public Safety
Advertisement Number: 39589
Salary(s): XO4 $65,288.00 - $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: August 12, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition, you must submit an Application Screening Form along with a resume and cover letter. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below.
CLICK HERE to access the Application Screening Form.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form.
The Investigator works under the direction of the Deputy Director of Public Safety Investigations Unit (PSIU) to enforce three provincial Acts: The Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods Act, The Fortified Buildings Act, and The Body Armour and Fortified Vehicle Control Act, which target properties (buildings and vehicles) routinely used by organized crime groups and persons engaged in dangerous and violent criminal activities that threaten public safety.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Screening
- Must successfully complete basic firearms training in addition to re-qualification on an annual basis
- A valid Class 5F Manitoba Driver’s Licence and ability to travel within Winnipeg and surrounding areas as required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience with criminal intelligence gathering and extensive investigative experience related to drug enforcement, vice investigations, organized crime and major crimes
- Extensive policing and law enforcement experience which includes conducting investigations, and covert surveillance
- Investigative training or equivalent to the successful completion of training in a police academy/college
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to present to various stakeholder groups
- Experience in the Use of Force theories and applications or practices as they pertain to law enforcement, including the ability to use sound judgement as it relates to use of deadly force
- Experience establishing and managing confidential sources of information
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to determine if complaints fall within legislation and if sufficient evidence has been gathered to support further action
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with community groups and external agencies
- Experience preparing for and testifying as a subject matter expert in Court for one or more of the following subject areas: drugs, organized crime, surveillance, weapons or prostitution
- Knowledge of the Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods Act, The Fortified Buildings Act and The Body Armour and Fortified Vehicle Control Act
- Knowledge of the organizational structure of police department(s) and police work
Investigators are Peace Officers who are required to conduct investigations, including: covert surveillance; investigation follow-up, including testifying in court; liaising with appropriate law enforcement, criminal justice and social service agencies; and monitoring compliance with court and other orders by those engaged in illegal activities. Investigators also respond to requests for, and undertake, outreach and educational presentations across the Province.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.