New Job Intermediate Process Engineer In Alberta
|Intermediate Process Engineer|
Intermediate Process Engineer
Company : Kleinfelder, Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Our team promotes respect, diversity and inclusion and we provide support for professional development through mentoring programs and training opportunities. Our team is dynamic and collaborative - if this description fits what you are looking for in your career, please apply!
We are looking to hire an Intermediate Process Engineer in our Alberta office. The successful candidate will provide process engineering technical expertise and support to the project team, ensuring that technical, cost, schedule, and contractual requirements are achieved. This individual will report to the Process Engineering Manager.
This is a great opportunity for an intermediate level Process Engineer who is proactive, possess competent process engineering knowledge, and is enthusiastic about new challenges (technical and non-technical). Our team promotes respect, diversity and inclusion and we provide support for professional development through mentoring programs and training opportunities. Our team is dynamic and collaborative - if this description fits what you are looking for in your career, please apply!
- Please note that this position may be anywhere from temp/flex to full-time, regular roles.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering discipline.
- Professional engineer and currently registered or eligible for registration with APEGA.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in the oil and gas, EPC, or related industry.
- Experience executing multiple small to medium sized projects.
- Familiar with the development of P&IDs, PFDs and LDTs.
- Familiarity with HYSYS or other simulation programs are considered an asset.
Execute process engineering activities with the objective of meeting the defined contractual scope to the relevant codes, standards, and company procedures.
- Professional authentication of drawings and reports.
- Perform detailed reviews of project process design specifications, design drawings, and standard detail drawings.
- Perform hydraulic modelling, simulations, relief valve sizing and other technical calculations to support process systems.
- Provide support to projects as required, while working with other discipline engineers, designers, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, estimates, and schedules
- Participates in stakeholder, PHA and HAZOP meetings.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Contribute positively in a team environment.
- Willing to pursue new and creative ideas.
- Committed to quality, organization, and time management.
- Analytical thinker and competent problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated commitment to fostering an inclusive team culture.
Job is performed in a hybrid
- office environment and occasional travel may be required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the number of applicants, only those moving to the next step in our recruitment process will be contacted.