Company : Events East
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications for the position of HR Generalist with our Human Resources Team.
The HR Generalist plays an integral role in guiding and supporting the successful execution and delivery of key HR programs, processes, and policies. As the first point of contact for the HR department, the HR Generalist will provide managers and staff advice and support relating to a broad range of HR matters.
This role is a blend of HR administrative and operational functions aligned with more progressive human resources responsibilities. Specific areas of emphasis are focused on policy implementation, employee relations, performance management, training and development, employee leave of absences and related return to work initiatives, occupational health and safety (OH&S), incident reporting and investigation and other related projects as required. The HR Generalist will also guide and assist the recruitment lifecycle and onboarding program.
This role will support the Senior Manager, Human Resources in strategic and operational initiatives, in addition to leading the review and analysis of existing processes, policies, and procedures to recommendations for improvements in order to remain relevant and aligned with current industry trends and the evolving organizational goals and values.
Education & Experience
- University or college diploma, including an educational certificate in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- 2-3 years relevant experience within the Human Resources field.
- Experience in a unionized setting considered an asset.
- CPHR or other HR designation considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Technical Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures as it relates to sound Human Resources practice.
- Previous experience in recruitment, selection and onboarding is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge with NS Occupational Health and Safety Act and relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; confident public speaker; demonstrated training skills, an asset.
- Confident knowledge of MS Office Suite required (Excel, Word, MS Outlook).
- Experience with an HRIS/Timekeeping program considered an asset.
- Strengths and abilities with task management and organizational skills, capable of handling high-volume workloads within tight deadlines.
- Professional, collaborative attitude with respect for confidentiality and discretion of private/sensitive matters.
- Ability to support and guide management and teams, strong interpersonal skills.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Applicants are advised testing may be a component of the selection process. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit Resume via Career Beacon
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com