New Job Food Service Worker In British Columbia
|Food Service Worker|
Food Service Worker
Company : Fraser Health
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We have an exciting Relief Part Time opportunity for a Food Service Worker to join our team at Queen’s Park Care Centre located in New Westminster, BC. This relief role is available until June 2023 or until return of incumbent.
This vacancy is subject to the requirements of the Facility Staff Assignment Order (the “SSO”) issued by the Fraser Health’s Medical Health Officer further to the Order issued by the Provincial Health Officer on April 10, 2020 (amended April 15, 2020) (the “PHO Order”). While these Orders are in effect the successful applicant to this vacancy will be limited to working in only one (1) private long-term care hospital, licensed long-term care facility, registered assisted living facility, stand-alone extended care hospital or provincial mental health facility (the “Facilities”).
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Performs a variety of duties within the Food and Nutrition Services Department including washing and preparing vegetables and fruits, portioning meals and preparing items such as tea, coffee, juice and toast. Delivers tray carts and coffee service to dining rooms. Washes dishes, pots and utensils and cleans work areas including sinks, counter tops, machines, food service equipment, and splash areas in accordance with established standards and procedures.Responsibilities:
- As indicated by the menu cards, set up meal trays on trayline with items such as juice, milk, dessert, condiments, dishware, cutlery and napkins and portions out food and beverages on meal trays following food handling standards.
- Loads, delivers, collects and unloads meal tray wagons. Delivers tray carts and coffee service to dining rooms.
- Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area, in accordance with established standards.
- Makes beverages and food items such as tea, coffee, juice and toast.
- Stores leftovers by packaging, labeling and storing appropriately.
- Assists with the set up and service of special functions as required.
- Strips, racks and washes items such as dishes, pots, pans and utensils. Loads, operates and unloads dishwashing machines and waste pulper. Returns clean pots, utensils and dishware to appropriate storage areas.
- Clears and cleans dining tables.
- Cleans work areas including sinks, counter tops, machines, food service equipment, and splash areas in accordance with established standards and procedures; sweeps and damp mops work area floor, as directed.
- Cleans and sanitizes garbage cans.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current Food Safe certifcate.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.