|Finance and Administrative Assistant - 2 Year Term|
Finance and Administrative Assistant - 2 Year Term
Company : Canola Council of Canada
Salary : $37,000–$42,000 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Canola Council of Canada (CCC) is a full value chain organization representing canola growers, life science companies, processors and exporters. Our mission is to advance the growth and profitability of the canola industry based on innovation, sustainability, resilience and the creation of superior value for a healthier world.
Currently we are seeking a Finance and Administrative Assistant - 2 year term - with possibility of extension.
Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, this term position is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional. If you have strong experience in accounting and office administration, we want to hear from you. This support position is responsible for working with the Finance team providing financial and administrative support to the organization.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, Human Resources and Administration, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Financial/accounting support: Accounts receivable, including receiving, entering and posting bank deposits. Entering adjustments and journal entries as required, prepare month end invoices for cost-shared expenses. Provide requested financial reports and information to colleagues. Assist with annual audits
- Administrative support: Respond to telephone, (main line and 1-800 number), in person or email inquiries and provide general information to external and internal stakeholders as needed. Manage boardroom bookings, couriers.
- Co-chair fundraising activities and Team Rep for IT Committee.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Excellent communication skills, ability to manage, organize and coordinate multiple tasks
Completion of secondary school, preferably with a certificate or diploma in administration or office support
Minimum of 2-4 years work experience
Familiarity with MS Office
Knowledge of agriculture and/or canola industry would be an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $37,000.00-$42,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (required)