|Facility Booking & Administration Clerk|
Facility Booking & Administration Clerk
Company : City of Thunder Bay
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
PRIVACY: Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 302, as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, 125 Syndicate Ave Suite 42, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H8, Telephone: 625-3866
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, performs administrative, accounting, facility booking and clerical functions. Key responsibilities include coordinating, maintaining and participating in the booking of facilities and program registration.
- Processes bookings for recreation facilities and enters into the Perfect Mind Registration System.
- Prepares and distributes rental contracts and verifies and monitors payments to customer accounts.
- Processes & enters Pro Kids applications into the Pro Kids software.
- Applies and administers Council/departmental approved facility allocation policies.
- Provides assistance and back up to the Facility Booking Co-ordinator.
- Maintains and updates special event database and co-ordinates distribution of event information to all parties.
- Participates and supports program registration.
- Performs general clerical duties, including but not limited to processing mail and mail outs, maintaining files, records, contact lists, and office supplies, keying memos and letters, proofreading, editing, and photocopying.
- Liaises with user groups, City Departments, and general public regarding bookings, cancellations, account balances, arrears and complaints.
- Participates in the preparation and assembly of advertising.
- Provides customer service by receiving telephone and walk-in inquiries, provides appropriate responses or directs inquiries to the proper party.
- Attends, records, transcribes, and distributes minute of meetings.
- Transfers files to and retrieves files from Archives, as required.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum secondary school graduation; and
- Post Secondary courses in accounting or book keeping; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must be at a basic skill level in keyboarding, and at an intermediate skill level in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Must possess excellent customer service skills together with the ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner
- Knowledge of Perfect Mind registration software
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)