|Developmental Support Worker with Momentum Developmental Support|
Developmental Support Worker with Momentum Developmental Support
Company : Seafair Capital
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
At MOMENTUM, our focus is on enhancing futures! We offer programs to individuals who have a developmental and/or intellectual disability to help them live healthy and active lives in their communities. Our programs provide a stable, supportive environment for our residents so they can maintain independence in daily living. We know our clients are happier at home and in their communities, and we have a fantastic team of people who help them stay there. We achieve the highest standards in health care quality because we know people depend on us for safe, professional, dependable care.
We are currently looking to hire candidates for our location(s) in: Stephenville, NL
At Momentum we strive to hire with ‘fit’ in mind. We look for candidates that fit in with Momentum’s core values: Integrity; Quality; Community; Action; Fun
A Developmental Support Worker must have excellent decision making and problem-solving skills; must be caring and enjoy working with others; have a good work ethic; possess a positive attitude; be a supporting team member; and can build positive relationships with the clients in our care, helping them to work towards their independence where possible.
The DSW is responsible for:
- Assisting residents in maintaining safe and healthy lifestyles, and monitoring for changes in their general health, appearance, behavior, and patterns of activities
- Identifying a crisis, defuse the situation, determine an intervention strategy, and contact necessary supports
- Helping all residents in making healthy choices and following any pre-established orders by medical professionals.
- Planning and supporting residents in daily activities, which may include, but not limited to, household chores, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, and money management.
- Monitoring and maintaining a clean, safe, and secure environment for residents.
- Assisting residents with personal hygiene skills and tasks.
- Completing required, on-going training within Momentum and the Regional Health Authority required timeframes and meeting required competency levels.
- Minimum 2 years post-secondary education or
- Social Service Worker Diploma, Community Support Worker Diploma, Human Services Diploma, or
- Minimum 2 years experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities and/or co-occurring mental health disorders; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Conditions of Employment:
- Current CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Medical certificate indicating good health
- Negative TB skin test
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Clear Record of Conduct
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Status
Not quite there? Momentum provides Pre-Employment Training in:
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Training
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training
- Drivers License
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent report writing abilities
- Commitment to training and development
Ranges from $17.63 - $18.33 per hour as per collective agreement
- This is a unionized position with NL Association of Public and Private Employees
Hours of Work:
This position is Part-Time / Casual, leading to Full-Time.
For more information about Momentum, please visit our website at: https://momentumsupport.ca/