|Development Services Technician|
Development Services Technician
Company : The City of Maple Ridge
Salary : $27.90–$32.75 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Development Services Technician
STATUS: Regular Full Time (CUPE)
DEPARTMENT: Building Services
SALARY: $27.90 - $32.75 per hour
CLOSING: August 8, 2022
We are looking for a Development Services Technician with a team-oriented style to join our Building Services Department. You will perform varied customer service duties at the Front Counter and will be responsible for providing information services, including pre-determined by-law and policy interpretation and advice related to planning and development. You will communicate with the public, applicants, agents, external agencies and departments and prepare correspondence on development applications. The ideal candidate will have; experience in an administrative or technical environment, prior work experience in development or construction sector (Architectural, developer, conveyance, construction, real estate, engineering) is desirable. Extensive customer service experience is preferred.
You will have strong interpersonal, and communication skills and are able to maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
Proficient skills in MS Office Suite, and Amanda.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school graduation supplemented by introductory technical courses related to the work; plus considerable related experience, OR, an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of the departmental and divisional procedures, bylaws, rules and regulations related to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of development, zoning, utilities, building and licensing bylaws and regulations as related to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of the responsibility of other departments and outside agencies as they relate to the work performed.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts in processing inquiries and in providing a variety of information and related services.
- Ability to work with manual and electronic data management systems.
- Ability to read and understand plans and drawings related to the work performed.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports, maps, records, and related material.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with minimal supervision.
Solid experience in an administrative or technical environment. Prior work experience in development or construction sector (Architectural, developer, conveyance, construction, real estate, engineering) is desirable.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting [email protected]
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.