|Desktop Field Support Technician: Onsite: Montreal, QC|
Desktop Field Support Technician: Onsite: Montreal, QC
Company : DXC Technology
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
At DXC we use the power of technology to deliver mission critical IT services that our customers need to modernize operations and drive innovation across their entire IT estate. We provide services across the Enterprise Technology Stack for business process outsourcing, analytics and engineering, applications, security, cloud, IT outsourcing and modern workplace.
Our DXC Modern Workplace services enables customers' employees to easily find, understand and engage with IT and their colleagues anytime, anywhere and on any device. We empower a personalized experience that enables employees to work seamlessly and securely.
About this Role:
As a Field Service Technician you will work onsite at our customer's office in Montreal, QC. In this role you would typically work directly with Employee's at our customer location. Being a self-starter who is comfortable with minimal supervision is essential to success in this role.
What you will do:
- On-site field desktop support to customers
- Provides software, hardware and networking support for desktops and laptops.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoot and repair PCs and associated software, networks peripherals.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs audio / video / teleconferencing equipment.
- 2+ years of experience in a hands-on desk side support role required. Proficient with PC hardware repair and can troubleshoot/resolve Microsoft Office software and latest Windows operating system issues Windows 10, Windows 11.
- Excellent analytical, communication and customer service skills required.
- A+, Lenovo, Dell, Microsoft, Apple, and HP certifications a plus.
- Providing client facing onsite deskside support. in-call phone/live chat diagnostics and troubleshooting and accurately documenting all incidents & problems issues.
- Initiate IT service management workflow process ensuring tasks are assigned to the appropriate areas.
- Computer building background experience preferred. A+ certification, Specific Manufacturers certifications and/or training as required. i.e. Dell, Microsoft, COMPTIA, and Network Plus.
- General knowledge of laptop hardware and software including basic knowledge of Microsoft applications,
- Support Windows 10, 11 in a Domain Environment, Office 365, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Intune, 2FA, VPN. Microsoft Teams.
- Mobile device management experience, IOS, Android
- Ensures customer satisfaction throughout the service delivery transaction.
Who you are:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Six or more years of field support experience
- Experience working with the company's hardware, software and equipment products
- Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
- Good interpersonal skills to resolve field support problems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to resolve complex hardware/software and equipment problems
- Ability to provide guidance to other field engineers
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment
- May require weekend work
- May require shift work
Joining DXC connects you to brilliant people who embrace change and seize opportunities to advance their careers and amplify customer success. At DXC we support each other and work as a team — globally and locally. Our achievements demonstrate how we deliver excellence for our customers and colleagues. You will be joining a team that works to create a culture of learning, diversity and inclusion and are dedicated to strong ethics and corporate citizenship.
At DXC we put our people first. In managing COVID-19, our actions are focused on the health, safety and well-being of our colleagues and their families and our approach is to encourage and support masking, testing and vaccination. With our Virtual First strategy the majority of our workforce now works remotely and will continue to do so. We recognize that requirements and availability around masking, testing and vaccination vary by location and we continue to monitor and conform with government regulations and customer requirements specific to each location.
DXC Technology is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age or genetic information. DXC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
We participate in E-Verify. In addition to the posters already identified, DXC provides access to prospective employees for the Federal Minimum Wage Poster, Federal Polygraph Protection Act Poster as well as any state or locality specific applicant posters. To access the postings in the link below, select your state to view all applicable federal, state and locality postings. Postings are available in English, and in Spanish, where required.
Disability accommodations: If you are an individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or a wounded warrior and you are unable or limited in your ability to access or use this site as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us via email. Please note: DXC will respond only to requests for accommodations due to a disability.
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) helps global companies run their mission critical systems and operations while modernizing IT, optimizing data architectures, and ensuring security and scalability across public, private and hybrid clouds. The world’s largest companies and public sector organizations trust DXC to deploy services across the Enterprise Technology Stack to drive new levels of performance, competitiveness, and customer experience. Learn more about how we deliver excellence for our customers and colleagues at DXC.com.
DXC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the DXC Accommodation Policy.
In addition, DXC Technology is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail AODA Canada Requests .
Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.