New Job Data Entry/Document Processor In Saskatchewan
|Data Entry/Document Processor|
Data Entry/Document Processor
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $20.67–$25.90 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Education has a permanent full-time career opportunity as Data Entry/Document Processors within the Early Years Branch.
We are seeking a skilled and organized individual to provide data entry and back up administrative support to the Child Care Operations Unit. Located in Saskatoon this position is responsible for entering, maintaining and manipulating data using various types of computer programs. This will include reviewing and processing child care grants and other types of financial related documents such as supplier requests, as well as family child care home and centre application packages.
In this position, you will respond to and process various requests for information both by email or telephone. Each of the requests and responses will be tracked in an online template to ensure appropriate follow-up as per unit service standards.
The ideal candidate will be a flexible and positive individual who enjoys a fast-paced environment. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and possess a keen sense of detail. Your tact and diplomacy when serving clients and colleagues will contribute to your success in these rewarding positions.
You will assist program staff and management in coordinating documents and materials with accurate formatting and proofreading; manage the distribution of incoming and outgoing mail; acquire and maintain inventory of forms, supplies and equipment; monitor and code expenditures; prepare and process business expense forms and contracts. In addition, you will assist in maintaining records for their proper storage, retrieval and disposal by adhering to government processes and schedules.
You will be required to work and provide assistance with various software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams and unit specific databases.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be acquired through education in Office Administration combined with administrative support experience.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Paid vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave);
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.
Preference will be given to qualified equity members who self-declare as identified in “diversity groups” below:
- Aboriginal persons
- Persons with disabilities
Ability to speak and write in the French language would be an asset.
Successful candidates will be required to submit a criminal record check.
To learn more about the Ministry of Education, please visit our website: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/government-structure/ministries/education
You will have knowledge of:
- Office filing procedures and systems;
- Office and/or administrative procedures, protocols and equipment;
- Computer applications such as word processing, security, communication, spreadsheet software, database and video conferencing; and
- Applicable accounting principles.
You will have the ability to:
- Verbally and in writing provide clear, concise and timely information in response to often complex inquiries at a level appropriate to the recipient;
- Identify, clarify and analyze relevant issues, concerns or problems in order to provide options/recommendations and/or to implement solutions in a timely fashion;
- Work independently and/or as a contributing member of a variety of teams to complete work assignments, achieve common goals and contribute towards a positive work environment;
- Independently [assess/ establish/ assign/ adjust] your own and other’s workloads taking into consideration changing priorities, tight deadlines, multiple reporting relationships and constant interruptions; and
- Compile, evaluate and organize relevant information to respond to inquiries, and make recommendations and/or decisions.
You will be:
- Accurate, and focused; paying attention to detail;
- Flexible, adaptable and independent when planning, prioritizing and balancing diverse and conflicting workload pressures; and
- Respectful and patient.