|Data Analyst / Mud Logging Analyst|
Data Analyst / Mud Logging Analyst
Company : Schlumberger
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Position: Data Analyst / Mud Logging Analyst
Location: Mount Pearl, Newfoundland
Schlumberger is leading the way in the oilfield services industry. Through the experts who join our team, the technological advances we've made and our unwavering commitment to safety and the environment, we're setting the standard of excellence. We are an integral part of the expanding oil and gas business in Atlantic Canada through offices in Mount
Pearl, Newfoundland. We're seeking an enthusiastic individual who wishes to join our Newfoundland team and contribute to our success.
This position will be based in Mount Pearl, NL with opportunity for periods of international assignment.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent organization and communication skills. This position will support the oil and gas development and exploration offshore Newfoundland working for multiple clients. The successful candidate with training, if required, will develop the required skills for our Data Analyst & Mudlogging positions.
In your position with Schlumberger, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering day-to-day services on offshore oilfield platforms/MODUs
- Periodic office work
- Reporting to Schlumberger and liaising with Client representatives onshore and offshore
- Help the Client drill safely and cost efficiently
- Keeping detailed records, writing reports, completing daily, weekly and post-well reporting logs and sending these to appropriate departments
- Study and evaluate offset data sets and cross reference with well planning
- Study, analyze and describe rock formations that are being drilled
- Advise on drilling optimization and drilling hazards
- Monitor and communicate pore pressures, overburden, shallow formation and reservoir risks that may lead to operational problems to Well engineering team
- Locate and identify formation boundaries
- Evaluate and interpret data from drilling, wireline logging and coring
- Follow and uphold all Schlumberger QHSE Standards and promote their respect, understanding and adherence.
You will have a minimum of:
- Bachelor's Degree in Geology is preferred however not essential for candidate with prior experience in mudlogging or diploma/degree in Petroleum Engineering technology
- Proficient in computer use
Schlumberger offers competitive compensation and a full range of benefits. Interested candidates may forward their résumé (quoting Reference No.: 13-GSS-DA/ML-2022) no later than August 11, 2022, to:
Email: [email protected]
Attn: Human Resources Manager
One company, many voices: Schlumberger is committed to achieving diversity in our global workforce.