|Client Information Officer|
Client Information Officer
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $24.11–$30.21 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is an exciting workplace that recognizes and empowers its people, promotes continuous learning and improvement, and provides value for our clients. We offer dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity.
The Mission of the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is to develop, attract and retain a skilled workforce that supports investment and economic growth in Saskatchewan, and helps citizens realize their full potential. It takes great people, working together as a team in order to make this happen. Our core values include providing exceptional customer service, treating others with respect, acting with integrity and upholding our commitment to excellence and innovation as on team. Our team demonstrates these values in our daily behaviours.
The Career Services Branch is seeking a client-focused individual to provide support for the delivery of programs and services within the SaskJobs Career Services Centre in Saskatoon and Regina. Career Information Officers are skilled individuals with a strong background in career and employment services and adult training methods to help provide access to education, employment and training opportunities to a wide variety of individuals in order to increase their self-sufficiency.
Reporting to the Career Development Services Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Interviewing clients to determine their needs and refer them to appropriate resources;
- Providing information on training and income support programs, and assist clients with multimedia self help tools;
- planning, developing, facilitating and delivering workshops, presentations and providing information to help clients develop their job search skills, prepare resumes and interview techniques;
- Having expertise in data entry to verify and enter client registrations; and
- A proactive attitude towards technology.
Our candidate of Choice will:
- Have a working knowledge of local and provincial labour market trends and be able to identify and assess relevant data, trends, and opportunities and consider a variety of options to determine and implement an appropriate course of action;
- Have the ability to be discreet, reliable and able to exercise sound judgment as you interact with a diverse community;
- Have the ability to use problem solving and decision making skills to ensure the appropriate course of action;
- Be positive, client focused and flexible to work in a diverse cultural environment;
- Plan, prioritize and balance diverse and conflicting workload pressures taking into consideration task complexity, frequent interruptions and deadlines; and
- Accurately enter, format and access data using computer software programs.
Typically have obtained the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above through post-secondary training in the social sciences and/or have experience providing services that assist clients as they access training and employment programs, career resources and job search information and resources.
What We Offer
As part of the Saskatchewan public service, the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training will provide you with:
- The opportunity to work with purpose to create the opportunity for people to build their careers in the province and support provincial employers to have workers with the right skills at the right time to make Saskatchewan the best place in Canada - to live, to work, to start a business, to get an education, to raise a family and to build a life;
- Professional development and advancement opportunities;
- A comprehensive salary and benefits package including pension;
- Support for work-life balance; and
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave.