|Clerks Services Administrative Assistant|
Clerks Services Administrative Assistant
Company : City of Woodstock
Salary : $26.46–$31.11 an hour
Location : Ontario
To be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Administration or related field,
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously,
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills,
- Minimum 5 years of office administrative experience,
- Excellent computer skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office and Adobe acrobat,
- Comfortable working with and assisting with the implementation of new technologies,
- Ability to work with general/minimal supervision,
- Experience working with eScribe software would be an asset.
*Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative services to the City Clerk and the Deputy City Clerk:
a) prepares and distributes City Council and Planning Agendas together with resolutions and all other correspondence,
b) assists with drafting correspondence, reports, agreements, leases, etc.,
c) answers general inquiries, both over the telephone and at the customer service counter,
d) maintains Master Key System,
e) maintains Award of Excellence Program,
f) maintains Zoning By-law Manual; Traffic By-law Manual; County of Oxford Official Plan Manual; Board & Committee Directory, Council Policy Manual, street naming index and internal phone directory etc.,
g) prepares newspaper ads, correspondence, etc.,
h) responds to both the general Clerks email inquiries and well as the general City email inquiries on behalf of the Corporation,
i) maintains and updates information on the City website,
j) creates and maintains forms on the City website, including online payments.
2. Provides administrative support in the by-law process including but not limited to:
a) drafts proposed by-laws as requested,
b) prepares and sends notices to necessary parties that will be affected by the proposed by-laws – circulate and/or advertise,
c) ensures that finalized by-laws are registered properly,
d) ensures that by-laws affecting the Woodstock Municipal Code are updated on the City website;
e) uploads new or amended by-laws, agreements, contracts, etc. to Sharepoint and sends to members of the public which may be affected by them as requested or required by legislation.
3. Prepares and delivers Committee of Adjustment notices, agendas and decisions, together with resolutions and all other correspondence.
4. Prepares and delivers Property Standards notices, agendas and decisions, together with all other correspondence.
5. Provides lists as necessary for planning and other public circulation and assists with the circulation of planning documents as required by the Planning Act.
6. Is appointed Deputy Division Registrar of Deaths by the Registrar General and may register death certificates in accordance with the Vital Statistics Act.
7. Is appointed Deputy Issuer of Marriage Licenses by the Registrar General and may issue, file or register Marriage Licences in accordance with the Marriage Act.
8. Works with other Departments, the public and at times Provincial and Federal Government Offices.
9. Assists in training of other staff members and provides vacation coverage for other positions in the Clerk’s Department.
10. Assists with animal control tracking.
11. Acts as a Commissioner for taking oaths and affidavits.
12. Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
Salary rate is $26.46 - $31.11 per hour as per Schedule "A" of the collective agreement.
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m. August 10, 2022.
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.46-$31.11 per hour