Company : City of Maple Ridge
Salary : $23.77 an hour
Location : British Columbia
This is clerical work involving the provision of factual information, assistance and advice on department services, functions, by-laws and regulations to the public and other departments. In addition, the Clerk 2 maintains a variety of office records and files. The Clerk 2 exercises some independence of judgment and action in the performance of assigned duties within established guidelines, practices and procedures, referring more complex problems to a superior.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Completion of the 12th school grade including or supplemented by courses in commercial, typing and word processing subjects, plus sound related experience preferably in a Municipal Planning Department, or, an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of the services, functions, procedures, by-laws and regulations governing applicable department operations and activities as they relate to the work performed;
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, including software applications used in the work and basic accounting clerical procedures;
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public and other departments in providing factual information and assistance on matters related to the work;
- Ability to perform clerical and typing assignments and to carry same through to completion with minimal supervision;
- Ability to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations applicable to the work;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to learn assigned clerical tasks within a short time;
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with the rules, regulations and procedures of the department;
- Ability to operate office equipment including a computer terminal and applicable software as related to the work;
- Ability to perform clerical assignments, with proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel, and Amanda.
Experience in data entry, customer service, paper and electronic filing, and also experience in a municipal Planning Department would be an asset.
This is a regular part time position working approximately twenty eight (28) hours per week.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting [email protected].
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : No experience