New Job Civil Project Engineer In Alberta
|Civil Project Engineer|
Civil Project Engineer
Company : Associated Engineering Group of Companies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Our Calgary Infrastructure Division is currently seeking a full-time permanent Civil Project Engineer. The Infrastructure Division provides engineering services for complex projects related to water, sanitary and stormwater infrastructure, franchise utilities including power distribution and district heating, and earthworks projects including industrial and municipal landfills. Our clients include municipalities, provincial government, private utility owners and industrial corporations. In this role, you will use your engineering, organizational and people skills to deliver high quality, innovative solutions to our valued clients. Your responsibilities will be:
- Project engineering duties, including technical coordination of design deliverables as well as construction services.
- Engineer of Record for designs, technical reports, cost estimates, technical specifications and construction contract documents for work completed independently or by others through direct supervision.
- Leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver project objectives from concept to design to construction.
- Mentoring staff and overseeing work from engineers-in-training and engineering technologists to produce high quality engineering work.
- Performing Quality Assurance and Quality Control reviews for other Engineers of Record on different projects.
- Project Management assistance, which could include scope, schedule, budget and invoicing management, design team coordination and client liaison.
- Executing tenders, constructability assessments, contract administration, and inspection of infrastructure projects.
- Acting as Prime Contractor to ensure all field work is executed in a safe manner that meets company and client HSE requirements.
- Actively building and maintaining relationships with clients, colleagues, suppliers, contractors, other consultants, government administrators for the benefit of clients, projects and business development.
Your qualifications will include:
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer with APEGA within six months of hire.
- Minimum 5 years of civil engineering experience with an emphasis on water, sanitary and stormwater utilities and earthworks.
- Experience in design and construction of stormwater drainage, water transmission, sanitary sewer collection and grading projects in both brownfield and greenfield settings. Experience in alternative construction delivery will be considered an asset.
- Proven application of government and industry design, standards, specifications, regulations and guidelines for water, sanitary and stormwater infrastructure design and construction. Experience with City of Calgary and Alberta requirements will be considered an asset.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and can travel within Alberta.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, Microsoft Office Suite, VisiSpecs.
- Familiarity in using water management software such as PCSWMM, MIKE, HEC-RAS or Infoworks is considered an asset.
You will demonstrate:
- A client-service mindset with the ability to be responsive and adaptable to client needs.
- Excellent listening, verbal and technical writing skills.
- The ability to take initiative, manage timelines and organizational skills.
- A commitment to a caring culture for both clients and teammates.
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Problem solving skills using both technical knowledge and good judgement.
- The application of conflict and negotiation skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including extended health, dental coverage, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and matching company pension program.
- Culture that promotes sustainability, accessibility, respect, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ongoing support for your professional development and growth, including mentoring programs, training opportunities, professional designation support, and a Young Professionals Group.