Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $59,406–$74,801 a year
Location : Manitoba
BA1 Business Analyst 1
Department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade
Information Systems, Finance and Corporate Services
Advertisement Number: 39476
Salary(s): BA1 $59,406.00 - $74,801.00 per year
Closing Date: August 14, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Information Systems Branch, within the Finance and Corporate Services Division, is responsible for leading, coordinating and providing support to information technology (IT) projects and system applications. This includes leading IT Capital Projects including initiation, scoping, implementation and support. Finance and Corporate Services provides shared services to the Economic Development, Investment and Trade and Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration Departments. The Business Analyst is responsible for IT development and implementation initiatives that create and maintain high quality desktop and network information technology services for the departments. The Business Analyst is expected to participate in projects and to support the Senior Business Analysts in larger and/or more complex and risky projects, including testing, documentation, or the analysis of the desktop environment to support project needs.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Diploma in Business Analysis or the equivalent combination of formal education, training, and experience.
- IT services experience, such as asset management or helpdesk support with the ability to triage IT issues.
- Interpersonal skills with experience liaising with internal and external staff at all levels.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to present and communicate clearly with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving skills to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Experience designing and supporting SharePoint and Websites.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, compile and analyze data.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of the system development life cycle.
- Experience in business analysis.
- Knowledge of change management, process improvement and/or project management principles.
- Initiates the exploration of opportunities and develops recommendations for strategic consideration.
- Processes service requests within delegated authorities and with appropriate spending approvals.
- Reconciles invoices and inventories, and provide reports to Administrative Officers.
- Provides advice that may impact IT project plans and expenditures for the department and business areas, and their service delivery approaches.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation of client-centric services.
- Applies appropriate quality management techniques, identifies the root causes of problems, and initiates corrective actions to improve the quality of service delivery.
- Consults with others in the development and implementation of policies, plans and projects using knowledge of governmental processes and procedures.
- Maintains a theoretical and practical understanding of business analysis principles, methods and procedures
- Works effectively with Divisional, Departmental and external vendors to ensure program needs are met.
- Develops and maintains relationships necessary to ensure that business application services procured from internal and external vendors are thoroughly tested and operate correctly and effectively.
- Monitors the impacts the centralized IT model will have on the Departments
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.