Company : City of Surrey
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Union - CUPE Local 402 - Regular Part-Time
Working independently and with minimal supervision, the Building Cleaner is responsible for performing a variety of cleaning tasks in and around the Surrey Arts Centre. Working hours will vary dependent on needs and the successful candidate’s availability, but you must be available to work weekdays, evenings, weekends, early mornings, and/or over night shifts.
As a Building Cleaner, you will be responsible for a variety of cleaning tasks in and around the Surrey Arts Centre. You have working knowledge of materials, methods and complex equipment used in cleaning work and the physical capabilities to carry out the duties of the position as well as effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and scrubbing.
- Hose and/or dry mopping.
- Polishing and removing spots from floors and furnishings.
- Emptying and cleaning waste receptacles, garbage pails.
- Cleaning washrooms and replenishing supplies.
- Changing lights.
- Maintaining entrance ways and parking lots.
- Window cleaning.
- Room set up and dismantling for programs and events.
- Maintaining building security and other job-related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 and one-year cleaning experience in large buildings. An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Completion of a Basic Janitorial cleaning program.
- Completion of WHIMS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System).
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
This job will be posted until July 28, 2022.