Company : Whitehorse Curling Club
Salary : $15.70 an hour
Location : Yukon
About the Whitehorse Curling Club:
Recognized as one of the top curling facilities in Western Canada, the Whitehorse Curling Club (WCC) has hosted National and World Curling Tour events and hosts league curling five nights per week. We have an 8-sheet facility with approximately 400 members, a member’s lounge and pro-shop.
We are looking for three experienced Bartenders on a part-time basis to provide beverage services to Club members and guests. This position mainly serves The Eleventh End Lounge, and may include portable service during rental events. We rent for private parties and plan to host bonspiels this winter.
Overview of Key Responsibilities
- Ensure that the bar is stocked, unlocked and ready for service. Including preparing items such as lemons or limes.
- Ensure the bar is fully cleaned. This includes cleaning of the ice wells, the pop gun, glass cleaner etc.
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive at the bar. Help them as necessary.
- Ensure prompt, courteous service to all members/guests and that their expectations are successfully met.
- Understand and be competent with the Point of Sale system (Square).
- Conduct daily end of shift reports and guarantee everything has been key-entered correctly.
- Interact with members/guests in a professional manner and be able to address any questions and/or concerns they may have.
- Ensure all duties are completed at shifts end prior to leaving.
- Ensure that liquor regulations are followed.
- Bartending experience is preferred but not mandatory. We will train successful candidates.
- Customer service or cashier experience is preferred.
Monday to Thursday Night Shift (6 PM to 11 PM)
Friday evening (5:30 PM to midnight)
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 5-10 per week
Salary: $15.70 per hour
Flexible language requirement:
- French not required
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Bartending: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-08-12
Expected start date: 2022-09-05