|Analyst, Investment Banking Energy|
Analyst, Investment Banking Energy
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 158984
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Investment Banking Analyst – Energy
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Overview of the Energy Investment Banking Group
Scotiabank is a leading provider of a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products to the energy industry globally. The team covers clients across the energy value chain including upstream (E&P), midstream, downstream, chemicals, renewables and energy transition companies. Highly coordinated global team with individuals located around the world with main offices in Toronto, Calgary, Houston and London. Our products include mergers & acquisitions, debt and equity financing, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading, research, fixed income products, derivatives, and foreign exchange.
Analysts in Investment Banking enjoy a stimulating and challenging work environment in which they execute a broad range of transactions. A high degree of responsibility is afforded to those demonstrating initiative and the desire to take on such responsibility.
At the early stages of their career, Analysts focus on client presentations, financial modeling, research and supporting more senior team members. As the individual’s career progresses, Analysts take on increased responsibilities on live transactions and participating in business development under the guidance of senior group members. Scotiabank brings new Analysts in contact with senior team members and clients at the earliest possible stage, allowing them to gain experience in managing and cultivating relationships.
A significant amount of effort, diligence and initiative is required to properly execute assignments. The complexity of clients’ financial requirements coupled with the intense competitiveness of the investment banking industry necessitates a full commitment to the task at hand. Standards are very high as most work is presented to senior executives at client firms and supervision is provided only to the extent that it is required.
With a limited hierarchy of professionals and a small project team approach, Analysts have ample opportunity for career growth and development. On any given project, Analysts will interact with other departments of the firm such as Corporate Banking, Equity Capital Markets, Global Fixed Income and Global Equity Derivatives gaining knowledge and understanding of both investment banking and the capital markets.
New Analysts may participate in the Capital Ideas Program, an intensive training program developed by the Firm. The program is designed to orient participants to our culture, people, products and services and to provide the soft and technical skills, and contacts critical for success. Team projects, individual study and social activities supplement classroom discussions.
This opportunity is for a position in the Calgary office.
- Evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models
- Creating marketing materials and presentations
- Supporting transaction structuring and execution efforts, with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability over time
- Identifying and developing business opportunities with clients
Major Activities Include:
- Perform comprehensive financial statement analysis and create and maintain models
- Collect, consolidate and interpret company and industry data
- Financial and written analysis of companies and industries
- Preparing client presentations, including compiling data and assembling presentation materials
- Supporting drafting of prospectuses, related documentation and marketing materials for transactions
- Applying product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives
- 0-3 years’ work experience in investment banking, M&A, equity research, corporate finance, accounting, engineering or other corporate experience will be considered
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business, Math, Engineering or Science
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- The ability to excel under pressure amid demanding deadlines
- The ability to perform effectively in a team environment
- High professional standards including a strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
How do I Apply?
Please upload your resume
We thank you all for your interest in Scotiabank! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.