Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 153029
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the CTS – Montreal team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. The Accounting Officer provides support/assistance to an Assistant Manager in one department of the Retail Service Center (e.g. Registered Products, Loans, etc), by completing duties accurately and in a manner consistent with ScotiaService Standards and Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures to ensure a high level of service is provided to branches. The incumbent will provide support in the management review activities, training and liaising with branches regarding specific systems within the department to ensure conformity with Bank regulations and procedures.
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment:
- Contribute to the efficiency of the department / team and the overall profitability of the Bank by ensuring all operational requirements are adhered to.
- Provide service to our partners that is consistent with the Bank’s guidelines by taking full accountability for inquiries/concerns/complaints and resolving matters within established service level standards or referring to management in a timely manner when necessary.
- Assist in the administration of the Retail Service Center accounting related responsibilities by:
- Acquiring and maintaining a good knowledge of an assigned department. The incumbent will require a working knowledge of product lines, branch services and procedures, and is required to keep his/her knowledge current by reviewing manual changes, circulars and procedural changes on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring all assigned management reports are reviewed, exceptions identified, investigated and resolved on a daily basis in accordance with Bank requirements.
- Ensuring all assigned ASP’s are reviewed, investigating and resolving exception conditions.
- Trending key indicator information for reporting to Retail Service Center and branch management.
- Assisting with training/cross-training of personnel.
- Liaise with branch staff.
- Checking/authorizing transactions.
- Identify, recommend and assist with training needs for department staff.
- Support to any other tasks or projects as assigned by management.
- Maintain a level of flexibility in a changing environment focusing on positivity.
- Provide service to the branches that is consistent with the Scotia Service Standards by:
- Maintaining the confidentiality of customer information.
- Taking full responsibility for assigned branch inquiries/concerns/complaints by resolving those. matters within assigned timeframes and standards.
- Responding to branch procedural questions within the assigned area of expertise.
- Preparing general correspondence as required.
- Understand the Business Continuity Plan and contribute to its execution.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of business controls to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Maintain strict adherence to security procedures by:
- Maintaining all negotiable items, stamps, keys and passwords cosigned to custody in accordance with Bank regulations.
- Adhering to established Bank regulations and procedures within assigned authority and responsibility and reporting any unusual occurrences whether Retail Service Center or branch related to the Manager.
- Ensuring that exception items and/or conditions are escalated to Retail Service Center management along with required action/action taken each day.
Education / Experience / Other Information:
Bilingualism (French/English) required.
- Experience posting transactions and system related to job.
- Working knowledge of mainframe/branch on-line network computer operations.
- Good understanding of LAN/PC Operation & Applications.
- Good organizational abilities to effectively assist/train personnel and complete assigned duties.
- Effective communication skills to maintain harmonious working relationship with Retail Service Centre staff as well as dealing effectively with branches.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Retail branch experience would be an asset.
- Education in business and/or finance an asset.
- Must be flexible in a constantly changing environment (procedural and automated systems).
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.