|VP, Air Procurement|
VP, Air Procurement
Company : TripArc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Founded in 2017, TripArc is a privately held software company that powers the top Travel Agencies and Tour Operators in North America. Our expansive and growing network of suppliers enables our clients seamless real time access to a comprehensive range of travel options and services globally with over $750 million worth of transactions managed through our platform annually - all at the industry’s best rates for travelers and rates of return for travel advisors and tour operators.
Our industry leading platforms address the current challenges the travel industry is facing because of the pandemic and offers solutions in technology, purchasing, finance and marketing. We deliver solutions to travel professionals in the most effective way possible based on our deep experience with two leading brands in the luxury travel space – Kensington Tours and Travel Edge – we have real insight into the needs of tour operators and travel agencies today.
TripArc’s goals are simple. To make our distribution network of over 1400 travel entities and our network of suppliers and agents more profitable, efficient and help them create truly unique travel for their clients. The travel industry was impacted by the pandemic, but as leaders in the industry, our turnaround has been significant and is gaining momentum. With the pent-up demand we are already seeing, we are here to help our clients make the most of it.
TripArc is seeking a senior executive to lead our air strategy. With our three sister brands, Kensington Tours, Travel Edge and Ensemble Travel Group, we anticipate extreme growth of over $2B in total air sales and need a talented leader to create a plan to optimize profitability on that volume.
Reporting to the SVP of Procurement, the core responsibility for this position is to provide strategic integration of airline services for the organization. This individual will utilize their in-depth industry knowledge to negotiate contracts and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable terms for the company in a fast paced, dynamic environment. The Vice President, Air Procurement will be responsible for managing and developing a strategic network of airline connections and building long lasting relationships with our partners.
Working closely with a global network of airline partners, this role will focus on developing and implementing a best-in-class purchasing model to deliver maximum upfront commissions and back-end incentives, while ensuring excellence and consistency in the delivery of our brand. This individual will be responsible for finding new profit opportunities through data analysis, process improvement and problem solving on priority projects.
This role requires an extremely talented and flexible individual who has a roll up their sleeves attitude and is comfortable with a hands-on position.
Responsibilities / Key Accountabilities:
- Create a talented air team that supports our TripArc strategy and grows our overall strength in the industry.
- Deliver effective strategies to leverage our air bookings to drive overall volume growth and optimize our commercial contracts.
- Provide expert intel on new technology, consolidators and NDC connectivity.
- Regularly evaluate and re-negotiate existing contract agreements to ensure maximum profitability by delivering commercial contracts with new and existing airlines with an ongoing evaluation of rates, commissions, and services. Provide proactive analysis, options, and recommendations for airline contract renewals, selection of new airlines and options to address supply risk.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor relationships with suppliers to ensure high engagement and ongoing best-in-class revenue structure.
- Effectively communicate with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure accomplishment of shared business and strategic objectives while promoting a collaborative team environment.
- Support cross departmental team efforts to achieve annual objectives in a manner conducive to the values of the organization. Collaborate on strategic analytics on airline performance, forecasting, gaps, and opportunities.
- Minimum of 15+ years air procurement, airline, distribution and/or agency experience negotiating air contracts on a global basis in a complex, multi-stakeholder company.
- In-depth knowledge of airline content, with understanding of various airline contracts – including net fare filings, private fares and published commissionable fares.
- Proven network of contacts at a stakeholder level within the Global Travel Industry.
- Advanced negotiation skills – able to deliver results while maintaining vendor engagement and experience with contract negotiation and SLA’s.
- Experience with a global purchasing model and luxury services/product an asset.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information for executive-level decisions.
- Provide thought leadership with regards to "strategic fit", valuation analysis and negotiation strategy and tactics.
- Technology and NDC experience preferred.
- Upbeat personality, team player, self-starter (able to work in lean environment with autonomy) and communicate with multiple constituents.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally with polish and professionalism.
- Advanced Excel Spreadsheet skills and proficient with PowerPoint, and Word.
- Demonstrated experience leading and building teams.
- Hands on management skills with a can-do, positive attitude.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Problem solving skills and able to deal with complex issues.
- Thrives working in a technology and KPI driven organization.
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly functional in a fast paced, constantly changing workplace - building plans through iterations from learning on what’s working and not working.
- Ability to build trust and work through conflict both upwards and downward
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please advise us when completing your application.