Company : Lifeworks
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
No matter where you work or what services you provide, therapy is a rewarding and fulfilling career—but that doesn’t mean there aren’t serious advantages to working with an industry leader.
As a global mental healthcare organization, Lifeworks has the experience, resources, and reach to provide a one-of-a-kind clinical environment.
Unlike public positions that are lined with red tape, or private practices that can be costly to operate, Lifeworks empowers your clinical impact by letting you focus on what matters most: helping people get better.
And because our platform reduces barriers to those seeking help, you’ll see a diverse range of perspectives and situations from patients; our clients are teachers and technicians, CEOs and service workers.
We even provide comprehensive training, flexible scheduling, and a work laptop, so you’ll never be on your own.
Interested in learning more? Just keep reading and apply below!
As a Tele-Counsellor, you’ll provide a set number of therapeutic sessions to members of Employee Assistance Programs by phone. The length of programs are set by employee coverage, and typically last between 3 and 6 sessions.
Every situation will be different; you’ll need to be flexible with plans and goals depending on patient needs and limitations; no two programs will be the same, and you’ll have opportunities to build and hone unique clinical strategies.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Provide assessments and short-term counseling services using a brief solution focused model - EAP, Gambling, Special Helplines (FRAP), mandatories
- Ability to provide counseling within a 50-minute session with documentation during the balance of the counseling hour
- Attend continuous learning sessions, training, and case consultations on a regular basis
- Meet sessional, containment, and other targets as defined by the Clinical Manager
- Provide telephone consultations related to crisis or assessed urgent situations when required.
- Be comfortable navigating internal operating systems, retrieving organizational information, and communicating with clients
- Remain informed on relevant regulatory and legislative developments
The Clinical Environment
Because the vast majority of clients are calling with specific needs, Tele-Counsellors have a unique clinical environment where conversations are goal-oriented, with a focus on the here and now. That means your clients will always be motivated, and you will always have the chance to make an impact.
Because clients are coming through their EAPs, you’ll find yourself speaking to a diverse range of people coming from a wide range of circumstances. This poses both a challenge and an opportunity; on the one hand, you’ll never have the same conversations about someone’s divorce over and over. On the other hand, you’ll need to be prepared to deal with real human trauma and problems, and be able to navigate a wide range of situations with insight and compassion.
This position will be remote, with flexible hours and shifts, depending on your availability, preferences, and time zone, either full or part-time. Those working FT hours will need to provide evening availability at least twice per week.
Here are some other perks:
- All your scheduling will be taken care of by our team, including sick days and time off
- Access to on-the-job peer support network and chats
- Benefits for anyone working 3+ days per week
- 3 weeks vacation plus 2 well-being days
- Access to RRSP, TFSA, Employee Share Purchase program
- Company laptop, monitor and headset for remote workers
- Full access to Lifeworks services
- Ability to transfer within Lifeworks’ global community (we operate in 12 different countries, from Australia to Canada, and plenty of places in between)
- Lots of room for growth with an industry leader in a booming industry
If you speak with our employees, they’ll say the best part of Lifeworks is the awesomeness of our team. While a lot of us work remotely, there are still tonnes of opportunities to connect, learn, and share experiences. Whether through group chats, mentoring, or personal support, our team builds lasting relationships with each other.
Given our incredible growth, when you join Lifeworks you’ll get more than just a job—you’ll get a range of career paths that will empower your clinical journey.
- MA in Social Work, Clinical Psychology, Counseling/Education, or related field
- 2+ years’ clinical experience
- Valid license (LCPC, LCSW, LMHC, LPC, LMFT)
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office
Applying with Raise
Raise is an established healthcare, IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work.
We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.