|Senior, Transaction Diligence|
Senior, Transaction Diligence
Company : EY
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Senior, Transaction Diligence
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transaction Diligence Senior, you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of transaction specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
EY has an established industry leading Strategy and Transactions Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
You'll be part of the Transaction Diligence team which provides clients with the financial and strategic transaction assistance to ensure the success of their transaction. Our TD teams assist clients throughout the entire transaction process. While traditional financial due diligence is a key element of the service, TD is much broader, incorporating transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion integration.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior, you will be part of the Transaction Diligence team helping our clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. Our team works to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance, and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. Our TD teams assist clients throughout the entire transaction process. Post Covid, you may be required to travel within Canada and the US.
Skills and attributes for success
- Participate in due diligence engagements related to acquisitions or divestments by private equity investor groups and strategic corporate players.
- Analyse financial/operational results of targets through analysis of operational accounting records and conducting interviews with management.
- Identify and quantify GAAP issues as they relate to the valuation of the target.
- Prepare/evaluate pro forma financial information.
- Analyse carve-out issues, as applicable relating to a buy-side or sell-side project.
- Identify issues for purchase price reductions, deal structuring or deal termination.
- Identify post-acquisition/divestiture action steps.
- Evaluate effects of seasonality on cash flow requirements.
- Perform industry and company research.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting and/or related major.
- CPA or CA, CPA certification.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Dedication to teamwork.
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Experience working with BI tools such as Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau, Spotifire, or others.
- Experience with each of IFRS, ASPE and US GAAP.
- Willingness to team and learn.
- The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel within Canada and US
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Financial due diligence experience or other relevant transaction experience.
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.