New Job Senior Engineer/Project Manager, Municipal Engineering In Saskatchewan
|Senior Engineer/Project Manager, Municipal Engineering|
Senior Engineer/Project Manager, Municipal Engineering
Company : WSP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a motivated Senior Engineer/Project Manager to join our Regina Municipal Engineering team. Reporting to the Manager of Land Development and Municipal Engineering in Saskatchewan, this position will be responsible to work on projects for public and private clients, leading municipal water, wastewater, land development, drainage and roadway infrastructure projects including planning, design and construction administration services. As a key member of the team you will deal directly with clients and approval and regulatory agencies.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Take a leadership role in the expansion of business opportunities and execution of municipal infrastructure projects, supporting growth and enhancement in the Saskatchewan Region;
- Manage and deliver infrastructure design and asset management solutions to customers - this includes report and proposal writing, business development, client liaison, and project management;
- Manage Preliminary and Detailed Design of civil works for land development, water supply systems, sanitary sewers, and stormwater systems including linear works, valves chambers, and pump stations;
- Build, lead, and manage multidisciplinary project teams with support from offices both regionally and nationally, focused on client specified requirements - projects may include planning, engineering design, and construction administration;
- Lead, develop and empower a diverse group of professionals and technical support staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- Professional Engineer designation with minimum 10+ years of managing and delivering municipal and land development projects;
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in APEGS;
- Experience and formal training in Project Management an asset;
- Strong knowledge of Saskatchewan municipal clients;
- Demonstrated success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing;
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials;
- Ability to work independently; and
- Ability to mentor junior staff.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Senior (> 10 years)