|RMV Customer Service Representative (Clerk 3)|
RMV Customer Service Representative (Clerk 3)
Company : Province of Nova Scotia
Salary : $3,158–$3,534 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 6/30/2022 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
We value a workplace where diversity, in all its forms, is encouraged and recognized for its contribution to a more creative, rewarding, and productive public service to our broader community.
Valuing diversity challenges us not only to be a public service that reflects the community we serve but also to create a more respectful and productive public service and to be a model for other employers in Nova Scotia.
We encourage applications from those that equally value diversity.
Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services (SNSIS) has a team of 1700+ employees working from offices throughout Nova Scotia. Together, we build relationships with every citizen, business, and municipality in Nova Scotia by understanding evolving client needs and balancing these needs with the public good. We also provide the services, tools, and supports that enable other government departments and public sector entities to focus on providing quality services.
Service excellence is at the heart of everything we do. We aim to be a recognized leader in service and public protection that delivers trusted, accessible, modern programs, and contributes to Nova Scotia as a safe and desirable place to live, work and do business.
Citizen Services, as a branch of Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services, represents the face and voice of the Province of Nova Scotia. We demonstrate excellence in client service by interacting with clients, providing information about government programs and services, and processing requests received across the channels of mail, fax, digital, in-person and phone. We strive to meet and exceed service within turnaround times, and always look for new and innovative ways to deliver services to ensure we continue to be agile and responsive to our clients.
To learn more about our Department, please click on the following link: https://beta.novascotia.ca/government/service-nova-scotia-and-internal-services/about
About Our Opportunity
If you enjoy working in an in person front-line environment and are seeking an exciting and rewarding career with lots of potential, we have a great opportunity for you as a Customer Service Representative at Access Nova Scotia.
The successful candidate in this role will help citizens and businesses of Nova Scotia with a variety of transactions related to the Registry of Motor Vehicles Program. The Access Nova Scotia environment is very fast paced with lots of variety each day. Access Nova Scotia has a client centric culture, and we pride ourselves on providing a very rewarding, supportive, and dynamic work environment. Build a fulfilling career with room for movement within our department and across government.
- Engage with clients to provide a high standard of seamless service for the Registry of Motor Vehicles program.
- Ensure Access Nova Scotia meets clients needs and clients accomplish what they set out to do, have their questions answered and receive the support they require.
- Serve many clients every day accurately and efficiently helping them register vehicles, obtain/renew drivers’ licences, renew licence plates and more.
- Examine records, process documents, and apply relevant legislation and policy accurately and efficiently.
- Exercise a high degree of confidentiality when entering and retrieving information from systems and applications.
- Maintain the security and control of public funds and inventory.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications include four years of experience in a fast-paced customer service environment or a combination of customer service and other related experience, training, or education (university and college education will be considered when determining the four-year experience requirement)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage challenging client conversations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible team-player
- Self motivated with a positive attitude
- Efficient and accurate
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong data entry and computer skills
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
- Travel may be required for training and work purposes. Travel expenses will be reimbursed by the employer.
- May be required to work overtime on occasion
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: CL 18
Salary Range: $1,579.09 - $1,766.79 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected]