New Job Resource Librarian In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $55,794–$68,390 a year
Location : Manitoba
LN3 Librarian 3
Department of Education and Early Childhood Learning
Bureau de l'éducation française, Student Achievement and Inclusion
Advertisement Number: 39438
Salary(s): LN3 $55,794.00 - $68,390.00 per year
Closing Date: July 24, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This position is designated bilingual. The successful candidate must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in both official languages (English and French).
The Department of Education is seeking to fill a Bilingual Resource Librarian within the Bureau de l'éducation française (BEF) / Direction des ressources éducatives françaises (DREF). The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to function fluently in English and French
- Must have and maintain a valid Full Stage Manitoba Class 5 Driver's licence
- Degree in Library Science with vast experience in a school/educational library. An equivalent of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience in acquisition of new resources and/or building library collections
- Experience providing assistance to teachers in selecting teaching material.
- Experience preparing and presenting workshops and promoting services.
- Experience in the use of information and communication technologies
(Word processing, electronic mail, Integrated Library System).
- Strong organizational skills with experience managing multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal communication in English and French.
- Excellent written communication skills in English and French.
- Knowledge of the French courses taught in the English program.
The Bilingual Resource Librarian is responsible for researching, developing and overseeing the French resources collection intended to French courses teachers (English Program) and for the development of library services suited for these educators. The incumbent is also responsible for consultation with various educators in order to recommand French educational resources and services, that will help ensure that the delivery of French courses is of the highest quality possible in this province.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.