Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $3,723–$4,559 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 29095
Ministry: Agriculture, Forestry, and Rural Economic Development
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: June 16, 2022
Classification: Subsidiary 01B 4000 Administrative Support 5
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Rural Economic Development (AFRED) is responsible for:
- policies, legislation, regulations and services necessary for Alberta’s agriculture, food and forest sectors to grow, prosper and diversify
- inspiring public confidence in wildfire and forest management and the quality and safety of food
- supporting environmentally sustainable resource management practices
- leading collaboration that enables safe and resilient rural communities
Are you driven by providing exceptional client service? Are you passionate about elevating Alberta’s agriculture industry? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
The Ag-Info Centre (AIC) acts as the first point of contact for Departmental programs and resources. Reporting to the Director of Rural Programming, the Resource Agent is a critical communication link between Albertans and the Department’s programs and resources. The Resource Agent assesses inquiries and disseminates accurate responses or redirects queries. They interact with farmers, ranchers and agri-processors, agricultural industry clients, the public, and other government departments to ensure thorough client services. The position entails a thorough knowledge of the Department, government, and industry programs and resources.
The Resource Agent oversees registration processes and administration for Department-approved conferences, meetings and seminars in partnership with the Ministry event project teams and Service Alberta.
Your demonstrated client services skills allow you to concisely communicate with clients on various platforms, such as phone or email. Your capacity to transfer knowledge to clients and colleagues in a fast-paced, agile environment is critical to success in the position. Your ability to independently work while coordinating with a team enables continued success in the role.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, apply today, and see how your client services expertise can best meet the needs of Albertans!
The minimum requirements for these roles are a high school diploma and three (3) years of related experience working in a client services office environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Experience within the agriculture industry.
Equivalency: Directly related experience or education will be considered on a one-for-one basis.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
About Your Competencies:
- Agility - Resource Agents need to be able to juggle many things at one time and provide answers immediately
- Build Collaborative Environments - A successful Resource Agent must have the ability to work together with other staff to build an environment of support and sharing to effectively and accurately answer inquiries.
- Develop Networks - To be effective, Resource Agents must draw on the information from other Government of Alberta staff and industry partners.
- Creative Problem Solving - Resource Agents need to be open to new and innovative ways to answer the complex inquiries they regularly deal with.
$1,861.71 to $2,279.37 biweekly ($48,590 - $59,491 / year)
This competition is recruiting for two (2) permanent, full-time positions with the standard work hours of 36.25, Monday to Friday.
This position reports to the Stettler unit in the Provincial Building & Courthouse. Operations out of Agriculture, Forestry, and Rural Economic Development offices across Alberta will be considered as capacity allows.
An assessment in the form of a mock call may be administered during the interview process for this recruitment as part of the certification process.
What We Offer:
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Pension plans:
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool –
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Karen Jackman at [email protected]
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check