|Residential Charges Financial Analyst|
Residential Charges Financial Analyst
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $57,344–$71,586 a year
Location : Manitoba
Residential Charges Financial Analyst
X03 Administrative Officer 3
Department of Health
Non-Insured Benefits, Insurance
Advertisement Number: 39278
Salary(s): X03 $57,344.00 - $71,586.00 per year
Closing Date: July 1, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created from this competition that would be effect for 12 months. Positions from the eligibility list could be term or regular, and may be in
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education and training in Accounting, professional CPA designation preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Work related experience with financial management activities, including planning, budgeting, and expenditure control.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships and partnerships with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills, including the ability to exercise sound professional judgement.
- Strong political acumen to navigate sensitive and confidential issues with tact and discretion.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively deliver services in a high volume and tight deadline environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to work independently and to display initiative in pursuing new challenges and opportunities.
- Strong written communication skills to effectively communicate financial and non-financial information to all levels of audiences.
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Manitoba Personal Care Home Program.
- Experience applying the Income Tax Act as it relates to individuals, businesses, and estate matters.
- CPA designation
Reporting to the Manager, the Residential Charges Financial Analyst reviews and analyzes requests for rate reviews for residents of the Province that are, or will become, residents in Personal Care or Long Term Care facilities. In addition, the Analyst prepares information for rate appeals and represents the Department at the Manitoba Health Appeal Board.
The Financial Analyst performs other financial related responsibilities, including conducting research and evaluations related to the Residential Charges Program, and contributes to the preparation of Ministerial correspondence, briefing notes, discussion papers, and Treasury Board Submissions on long term care.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.