New Job Relief Team Leader, Maintenance In New Brunswick
|Relief Team Leader, Maintenance|
Relief Team Leader, Maintenance
Company : Irving Tissue Saint John
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
MAINTENANCE RELIEF TEAM LEADER
We are looking for a Maintenance Relief Team Leader to join our dynamic team at Irving Tissue based in Saint John, New Brunswick.
This opportunity would be ideal for candidates who aspire to take on a Team Leader position in the future. Candidates looking to develop their skills and knowledge in the areas of people leadership, daily management, initiative management, driving improvement and understanding the business, would have the opportunity to grow in this position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing relief supervision to both the Mechanical Trades and Electrical & Instrumentation teams at Irving Tissue. In addition, you will be responsible for managing assigned maintenance projects from concept through commissioning and for filling the role of job sponsor as needed for various maintenance jobs. You will also assist with daily planning and shutdown planning and coordination for the Mechanical and Electrical Instrumentation teams.
As part of the Maintenance team, you will provide support as needed to ensure effective and efficient operations.
Who We Are:
Our team operates within a highly technical, fast paced, competitive business and is part of an integrated forest products value chain under J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI). Our goal is to play an integrated role in sustainably transforming our renewable forest resources into value-added products in today’s consumer markets.
We are not just invested in forest products we, are invested in people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and thrive. Being curious and focused on innovation is key to a successful team.
We operate four Pulp and Paper Mills out of Saint John and St. George, New Brunswick that produce a combined one million tonnes of product and employ over 1000 employees. Irving Tissue produces quality parent rolls of tissue, providing the strength and softness that have made our leading consumer and private label brands the choice of customers throughout North America.
- Completed post-secondary education (minimum 2-year program in a related field of study) or Journeyman Status in a skilled trade.
- Work experience in the Pulp & Paper industry.
- Maintenance Management Professional or work towards such a designation would be considered an asset.
- Planning or Project Management experience would be considered an asset.
- More than $400 million recently invested into improving and growing the Pulp & Paper Division, with significant capital investment planned at all four of our Pulp and Paper Mills.
- Career growth opportunities in Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Leadership, and many other disciplines.
- Significant investment in training including partnerships with some of the best Educational Institutions in the country.
- A complete benefits program including health coverage and GRSPs.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by July 14, 2022.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services click here
Irving Tissue Company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination