|Refining Technician / Instrumentalist|
Refining Technician / Instrumentalist
Company : Valero Energy Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
The Jean-Gaulin refinery in Levis is currently seeking to fill refining technician positions with an instrumentalist’s profile. The incumbent of the position will be fulfilling operation’s duties while working at operation and will occupy an instrumentalist’s duties when in his maintenance weeks. We are looking for people who are respectful of health and safety rules, team work oriented and available to work on our operating and maintenance schedules.
Tasks at Operation :
- Ensure proper running of operation and proper functioning of equipment in the unit.
- Carry out different verification rounds including taking readings of pressures, temperatures and flows.
- Carry out minor maintenance work on the equipment in its sector.
- Take samples of process products and perform quality control tests.
- Participate in major turnarounds, starts and maintenance work of production units.
Maintenance Tasks :
- As per on the work schedule, perform predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance work.
- In collaboration with the operation technicians, diagnose the source of the problems and make the necessary corrections for the proper operation of the process.
- Develop, through training and coaching, skills on the different technologies of the instruments used at the refinery.
- Intervene on instruments of flow, level, pressure, analysis, control valves and related positioners and distributed control systems.
- Use measuring devices or computers for programming and adjusting instrument parameters.
- Follow the execution procedures associated with the tasks.
- Complete the Quality of Work Checklist and the Pre-Operational Checklist for completed work.
- Complete reports and forms following preventive maintenance of greenhouse gas (GHG)-regulated instruments.
Work Schedule :
7-week cycle consisting of 4 weeks at operation on 12-hour shifts, alternating day/night. Followed by 3 weeks of maintenance on 8-hour shifts from Monday to Friday.
- Must have a high school diploma or a secondary grade 5 equivalency degree .
- Must be a graduate of a Cegep/College in industrial automation and instrumentation or in process instrumentation and control.
- Must have 5 years of experience in instrumentation
- Must have a valid driver's licence.
- Must demonstrate good learning abilities.
- Must be teamwork oriented.
What we offer :
- Competitive wage conditions
- Comprehensive benefits program
- Internal Training Center
- Opportunities for advancement
- Challenging industrial projects
- Private gym
- Social club
Possibility of becoming a member of an emergency response brigade.
Salary Range :
As per the collective agreement.
- Brought on-line in 1971 with current nominal design capacity of 265,000 barrels per day.
- Employs about 500 people.
- Produces gasoline, jet fuel, diesel fuel, home-heating oil, propane and butane.
- Receives crude oil by ship year-round at a deep-water dock on the St. Lawrence River.
- Ability to receive large, single cargoes of up to 1 million barrels provides a competitive advantage.
- Earned Valero Chairman's Award for Reliability three out of four years, posting the best reliability numbers of Valero's 16 refineries.
- Reapproved as Valero Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) "Star Site," after again passing a rigorous safety audit by third-party inspectors.