New Job Records & Information Analyst In Ontario
|RECORDS & INFORMATION ANALYST|
RECORDS & INFORMATION ANALYST
Company : City of Toronto
Salary : $39.92–$43.71 an hour
Location : Ontario
- Researches and analyzes records and information management issues and prepares reports and makes recommendations regarding policies, procedures and systems.
- Provides consulting services to Departments, Boards and Agencies on digital and physical records management policies, procedures and practices.
- Provides assistance in locating records for requests under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Conducts needs information management analysis through interviews, observations and questionnaires to identify and resolve problems and improve existing systems.
- Determines systems requirements for cost effective information handling, records creation, filing systems, classification and indexing systems, retention scheduling, retrieval methods and vital records protection.
- Advises and engages in the design, development and auditing of manual or automated records and information management systems for collecting, processing, storing, retrieving, and protecting records and information for all City Departments.
- Appraises, categorizes and classifies records and develops retention schedules and general subject index.
- Assists in the establishment of vital records, archives and forms management programs.
- Develops, organizes and conducts seminars, presentations and learning and development sessions for records management staff.
- Collaborates with departments to determine the retention periods for records to be incorporated into the City's Municipal Code. Researches federal and provincial statutes and regulations to determine legal requirements for records creation, retention and accessibility.
- Monitors records management practices in the departments for compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Develops manuals on policies and procedures on departmental record systems.
- Recommends the design of records management forms to ensure proper analysis, and data capture of information assets and holdings.
- Researches and makes recommendations on technological developments and the selection and acquisition of information retrieval and storage equipment.
- Liaises with senior records staff on the establishment of retention schedules.
- Prepares retention by-law amendments for approval by Council.
- Identifies and prepares inventory of manual and automated record systems and recommends the creation, amalgamation, reduction and elimination of records within the guidelines of established policies and procedures.
- Coordinates responses to requests for records in response to audits, investigations and in support of management information needs.
- Coordinates information management projects on behalf of corporate clients including the preparation of project plans and reports.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in records and information management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience in the lifecycle management of records and information in all media, including preparation of records inventories for electronic and physical records, setting access rights, establishing standard metadata elements for records in all formats, analyzing business processes in collaboration with business units to enable digitization, preparing retention schedules for traditional, e.g., physical records, and electronic record formats, e.g., web content.
- Experience leading or coordinating record keeping projects and staff, i.e., has prepared project plans or charters, set clear objectives and deliverables, estimated resources, timelines, and milestones, provided necessary orientation to project staff, prepared procedures for on-going program sustainability, and coordinated resources to successful completion.
- Experience working with document/records management technologies, such as Sharepoint, Opentext, Documentum, ProjectWise, Gimmalsoft, TRIM, etc.
- Experience planning, developing, and delivering training to individuals and groups, i.e., end-users, on records and information management practice.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of metadata and data entry standards for active and inactive records.
- Proven commitment to delivering superior customer service and ability to provide trouble-shooting support.
- Familiarity with digital information management practices, standards and principles.
- Familiarity with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Ability to work as part of a team, while being independently responsible for assignments.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of staff, from front-counter staff to executive management, with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with multiple priorities and pressures with minimum supervision.
Note: All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Candidates will be required to show proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.