New Job Records Department Part-Time Pool - Hamilton Police Service In Ontario
|Records Department Part-Time Pool - Hamilton Police Service|
Records Department Part-Time Pool - Hamilton Police Service
Company : City of Hamilton
Salary : $24.87 an hour
Location : Ontario
HAMILTON POLICE SERVICE
TOGETHER | STRONGER | SAFER
The Hamilton Police Service (HPS) provides policing to over 540,000 residents in the City of Hamilton. In 2018, HPS answered over 199,430 emergency calls for assistance from our community. We have over 1,240 employees in Sworn and Civilian roles. Our mission is to be a trusted partner in delivering public safety.
HAMILTON POLICE SERVICE | CIVILIAN CAREER OPPORTUNITY
RECORDS DEPARTMENT PART-TIME POOL
Job Title: Records Department Part-Time Pool
Reports to: Records Supervisor
Job Location: Central Police Station
Hours: Various start times, including 12-hour shifts (nights, days, weekends and holidays). Hours not guaranteed.
Salary: Starting at $24.871 per hour, plus up to additional 18% in lieu of Benefits and Vacation Pay (as of 2021)
Status: Civilian Part-time, Temporary
Hamilton Police Service is proud to serve and protect Hamilton’s 558,000 residents in partnership with our communities. Our Service is guided by our mission, vision and values in making Hamilton a safe place to live and work.
The Hamilton Police Service Records Management Branch is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Records Temporary Assignment Pool. Reporting to the Records Supervisor, successful incumbents will have the opportunity to provide records support in various functions in order to assist police personnel, related agencies, and the public.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and possesses the ability to accurately multi-task and juggle multiple demands under tight time constraints. Successful applicants will be highly efficient team players, and will be able to leverage their strong communication skills, interpersonal effectiveness, and organizational skills to get the job done.
The job duties in the Records Branch will vary with each assignment; some duties include:
- Responding and processing inquiries, assisting police personnel, the public and outside agencies.
- Assisting the public with various requests for documents and services available from the Records Branch.
- Typing, filing, processing documentation – both manually and electronically.
- Utilising various Police Databases to provide information and administrative support as required.
- Completing a variety of documents such as warrants, arrest notices, reports and letters.
- Receive and process cash payments for a variety of police documents.
Education & Experience
- Minimum grade 12 or the equivalent. Post-Secondary education is considered a strong asset.
- Previous customer service and administrative experience is required.
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong organization, prioritization and planning skills, including the ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail, including working with numbers/accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer, including ability to keyboard 40 words per minute (wpm).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability develop a rapport with others and to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible when performing assignments, and to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work co-operatively with members of the Service.
Please note the recruitment process will consist of:
- Resume review
- Administrative testing
- Panel interview
- Background and reference check
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application (i.e. cover letter and resume) to the City of Hamilton Careers Portal by visiting: https://www.hamilton.ca/jobs-city.
If hired, the incumbent shall comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Practices for their position and the workplace. By applying, you agree that the statements made by you are true, complete, and correct to the best of your knowledge. Further, you understand that any falsification of statements, misrepresentations, and/or deliberate omission or concealment of information may be considered just cause for dismissal. As a condition of employment you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or provide proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer prior to your start date. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the City of Hamilton.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for testing and/or an interview will be contacted. The Hamilton Police Service is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation for testing, interview, or employment purposes.
Vaccine Verification – As a condition of employment you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or provide proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer prior to your start date. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the City of Hamilton.
The deadline to apply is July 26, 2022.