|Private Sales Manager|
Private Sales Manager
Company : Eataly North America
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can Eat a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, Shop for the ingredients, and Learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Manager of Private Sales manages corporate customers under three main categories of initiatives: corporate and large dining reservations, events including buyouts, and catering and retail initiatives, including large gift orders. The Private Sales Manager defines each offering jointly with other functions, handles inquiries, books reservations, and executes corporate events and buyouts. Reports to TBC and works closely with the Restaurants leadership team.
- Generates private sales by scouting new business and maintaining relationships with existing clients on a commission basis
- Plans and executes private events in restaurants and Eataly’s marketplace
- Plans and executes catering and private retail sales requests, working with production facilities and operations teams for onsite, delivery and pick-up requests
- Defines products, experiences and services to propose to existing and new clients
- Owns relevant marketing materials including catalogues, menus, and booklets
- Serves as the point of contact for clients to plan events, develop contracts and partners with internal teams (restaurants, quick service restaurants, beverages, culinary, retail, marketing)
- Works with all vendors involved in private sales, included but not limited to: Italian and domestic artisans, beverage companies, florists, artistic performers, rental companies, security, etc.
- Meets with clients for additional walk-throughs to finalize event details
- Coordinates with Marketing and Graphics on any materials e.g. menus needed for events
- Provides event recaps and operations, sales and production suggestions to the team
- Analyze financial data, forecasts sales, labour, and food costs; manages spend and is ultimately responsible for the revenues and profitability of all private sales
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 5+ years of experience in events sales
- 5+ years of experience in event planning and/or production
- 5+ years of experience restaurant private events
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Availability to occasionally attend workshops, tradeshows and conventions
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of a prohibited ground enumerated by the Ontario Human Rights Code (e.g. race, colour, creed (religion), place of origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, family status, or disability). Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these prohibited grounds. Eataly welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. Further, it is Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable provincial and federal laws regarding background and criminal record checks in making hiring decisions.