|primary care paramedic|
primary care paramedic
Company : Smith's Ambulance ServiceLimited
Salary : $23.93 an hour
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- CPR Certificate
- Class 4/4F/F/4A-B-C Licence (ambulances, emergency vehicles and buses with fewer than 24 passengers)
- Private ambulance company
- Administer medications and provide advanced emergency treatments to patients
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care
- Transport patients to hospital or other medical facility for further medical care
- Maintain ambulances and emergency care equipment and supplies
- Document and record nature of injuries and treatment provided
- Assist hospital personnel with provision of medical treatment, if necessary
- Assess extent of injuries or illness of trauma victims to determine emergency medical treatment
Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Medical exam
- Criminal record check
- Enhanced reliability security clearance
- Driver's abstract
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Interpersonal awareness
- Values and ethics
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is your current field of study?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?