New Job Portfolio Administrator In Manitoba
Company : Fiera Capital
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Why join Fiera Capital:
- Inclusive workplace and diverse background of employees
- Growth and development opportunities
- Entrepreneurial industry-leading company with a purposeful mission
- Flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation and benefits
- Collaborative approach, innovative and culture of integrity
- Ambitious organization who strives for excellence
What we are looking for:
The Portfolio Administration Team supports and enables the firm’s portfolio management and trading activities through the maintenance and accuracy of the firm’s investment accounting data (IBOR – Investment Book of Record) and post trade support functions. Internally, the teams work closely with the portfolio management and trading teams, client servicers, and other internal support teams. Externally, the teams interact with and manage broker, custodian and vendor relationships. Staff are often called upon to assist with client inquiries, RFP responses, client, regulatory and internal audit requests.
- Trade Support (broker set-up, security set-up, trade capture / communication / matching, settlements, claims, etc.)
- Cash Administration (client cash flow postings, income monitoring, cash availability reporting, overdraft and high balance monitoring)
- Portfolio Reconciliations & Resolution (Transactions, Positions, Cash – IBOR to Custodian)
- Corporate Action Processing
- Class Action Processing
- Proxy Voting Administration
- Internal Reporting (e.g. aged breaks, operational risk reporting, etc.)
- Derivatives Administration (FX, FX Forwards, Futures, Options, Swaps) – Full life-cycle support including, trade capture / communication / matching, settlements, claims, margining, collateral management, reconciliation, etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop innovative solutions to problems faced by the business units
- Assigned projects (system enhancements, business acquisitions, regulatory changes)
- Account and Market openings (opening custody accounts, completing markets docs)
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration and/or related college degree with equivalent work experience required
- Other industry certifications not mandatory but considered assets
- Organized, methodical and detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight timelines
- Self-motivated individual who can adjust to changing priorities
- High attention to detail, and accuracy, within a high-volume work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and team player
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff is our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
Please stay vigilant and never share personal or confidential information during this hiring process unless it is through Mintz Global Screening, the secured platform we use to exchange such information. If in doubt, or if you think you have been a victim of fraudulent manoeuvres during your hiring process, please contact us.
The well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the larger community are a priority for Fiera Capital and its affiliates. As such, all employees and service providers whose role or services, as applicable, require them to be physically present at the offices of Fiera Capital or its affiliates are required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of same (where recommended by Public Health Institutions), unless they have been granted reasonable accommodation based on documented medical or religious grounds, or as otherwise required by applicable law. Should an individual demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious grounds or as otherwise required by applicable law, Fiera Capital and its affiliates will assess on a case-by-case basis, whether reasonable accommodation can be provided.
Please note that job title indicated in job postings may differ from internal job titles. Accordingly, offers of employment may not reflect job titles indicated in job postings.