|Pharmacy Assistant - FT - Weekdays - Office Setting|
Pharmacy Assistant - FT - Weekdays - Office Setting
Company : Bayshore HealthCare
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Under the direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, the assistant works under the guidance of the Pharmacist to process prescription refills, private third party billing, interacts with Patient Assistant Programs, prepare infusion clinic meds, and patient scheduling. The assistant may also be required to assist with preparing medications and monitor inventory. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
This location is currently located in Surrey and will be relocating to Burnaby in mid-2022.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Assist the pharmacist in maintaining federal, provincial, and local laws, accrediting body standards, and Policies and Procedures (P&Ps).
- Schedules patient for repeat medications
- Perform prescription data entry to track drug lot numbers as required
- Assists the pharmacist in entering prescriptions into the prescription software (Kroll), and filling/billing such prescriptions
- Assists the pharmacist in filling refill medications through the prescription software (Kroll)
- Communicates with patients regarding their third party insurance provider, or ODB, to resolved billing issues
- Communicates with patients’ third party plans, or ODB, to troubleshoot rejected claims
- Assists the pharmacist in preparing compounding sheets for the preparation of medication
- Assists the pharmacists in the preparation and labeling of medications as allowed by law.
- Appropriate assembly of drugs and supplies by matching codes and quantities from the compounding document
- Ensuring compounding product gets matched to the right delivery just prior to shipping
- Assists the pharmacist in maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Orders, receives and stores medications and supplies in appropriate environment
- Performs physical inventories according to (P&Ps)
- Maintains pharmacy records including filing and documenting required information on dispensing records.
- Communicates appropriately with all members of the healthcare team.
- Documents appropriately according to P&Ps, all activities using required paperwork (logs)
- Participates in Performance Improvement and Quality Assurance activities education programs and department/branch meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Pharmacy Assistant Certificate/Diploma from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Experience in a busy community pharmacy setting or specialty pharmacy setting is preferred.
- Organized and disciplined; strong computer skills
Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. At Bayshore all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two dose vaccine series or one dose of a single- dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the official start date of hire. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.