New Job Pharmacist (Part-Time, Fixed-Term) - Corner Brook In Newfoundland And Labrador
|Pharmacist (Part-Time, Fixed-Term) - Corner Brook|
Pharmacist (Part-Time, Fixed-Term) - Corner Brook
Company : Sentrex
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Position Type: Part-Time, Fixed Term
Work Location: Corner Brook, Newfoundland
Work Arrangement: On-Site
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, with occasional weekends (24 hours per week)
Travel Required: No
A proudly Canadian company, Sentrex Health Solutions is a fully integrated specialty distributor and patient support provider for pharmaceutical manufacturers, physicians, and their patients. We provide innovative solutions focused on ensuring patients have access and the support they need to maximize their treatment outcomes. We do this through strategic distribution models and patient support programs that are backed by powerful, integrated technology and experienced, cross-functional teams. Our core capabilities include Specialty Pharmacy Services, Customized Solutions for Warehouse, Wholesale & Distribution, Patient Support Programs, as well as HCP & Clinic Services.
Sentrex Health Solutions recognizes the importance of immunization to protecting our staff, customers, and members of the community from COVID-19. As such, and subject to any obligations under applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date.
Come and join our team! But first, let us tell you why we love working here:
- We are 100% Canadian with locations across the country
- State-of-the-art facilities to provide high-quality products and services
- The opportunity to be a part of a winning, high-performing team
- Collaborative, engaging workplace culture – we are passionate about our people!
- Flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Diverse and inclusive culture where your talent and commitment to excellence is welcomed and valued
- High-growth environment that provides opportunities for learning and growth supported by our Employee Development Program and industry-leading, in-house corporate training offered throughout the year
- Quarterly virtual social events!
The Pharmacist is responsible for accurately checking prescriptions (clinical and technical aspects), patient counselling, working with health care professionals to resolve any drug-related problems, working in the non-sterile compounding area, as required, and preparing orders for delivery. The Pharmacist works closely with other members of the Pharmacy team to properly dispense medication to clinics. Other administrative duties may be required to provide patient care and support the pharmacy team. The Pharmacist is expected to participate in all aspects of Pharmacy Operations required of a team player. All roles at Sentrex will be cross-trained and you may be required to help out in other areas of the Pharmacy, as required. This is a fixed-term part-time position.
A Day in the Life (What you will do here):
- Accountable and responsible for clinical and technical aspects of drug distribution, including prescription clinical review/verification, patient counselling, resolving drug-related problems, prescription adaptations/renewals, as appropriate, prescription processing, filling, and checking of medication.
- Provide exemplary customer service to clinic staff, nurses, and physicians primarily via phone/email.
- Adherence to all relevant guidelines including the established Standard Operating Procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements, as set out by the Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board.
- Inventory management and reconciliation which includes ordering, maintaining, and organizing appropriate inventory and packaging supplies to support dispensing activities.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing review of policies and procedures, as they pertain to medication dispensing, storage, and cold chain transportation.
- Provide direction, guidance, and problem solving to Pharmacy team with respect to daily tasks.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with health care professionals, reimbursement coordinators, private payers, and patients.
- Billing prescriptions through Pharmacy software (Kroll), ensuring all required documentation is adequate and appropriate including, but not limited to, Accounts Receivables, dosage, and dosing intervals, third-party billing restrictions, limited use codes, scheduled appointment dates, clinic locations, co-payment management and coordination of benefits.
- Liaison between insurance plans and physicians directly to ensure all necessary paperwork and information is provided to the patient’s plan for coverage review.
- Understanding, recognizing, and resolving third-party billing issues for high dollar value products.
- Accurately entering data and dispensing medications to ensure arrival to the appropriate destination on time.
- Patient follow-up calls.
- Non-sterile compounding and/or release of compounded products.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by the manager.
What you need to ensure you are set up for success:
- Registered and licensed as a Pharmacist (RPh designation) with the Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board
- 1-2 years’ Pharmacist experience preferred
- Experience with Kroll is required
- Flexibility with work hours
- Experience and understanding of specialty medications along with third-party billing issues is considered an asset
- Exceptional knowledge of third-party insurance plans and special authorizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to effectively communicate in French is considered an asset
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment using MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to self-manage, set priorities and multi-task in order to meet various competing work deadlines
- Ability to perform all technical duties involved in successful dispensing of medications
- Ability to physically stand for extended periods of time, and to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- This position requires a significant degree of self-starting and independence
What makes you a great fit for this team:
- Your commitment to providing a high level of service to your internal and external clients.
- You are highly adaptable with a track record of success during times of growth and organizational change.
- You have a proven track record of developing trust and influence at multiple levels.
- You demonstrate an impactful and candid communication style.
- You have exceptional organizational skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues, management, and stakeholders.
Why join Sentrex?
We value our employees! Our permanent full-time employees are provided with a:
- Competitive Salary and generous vacation entitlement
- Wellness Program (5 paid days off for your well-being!)
- Paid Sick Days
- Competitive Benefits Package including Dental & Extended Health Benefits, AD&D, LTD & Employee/Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
Sentrex Health Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer demonstrated by our commitment to diversity, inclusion, belonging, equity, and accessibility. We provide a safe space for all team members to express their individuality within our corporate culture.
We encourage you to apply and accept all applications. We realize that not every candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we have identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you!
Accommodations can be made available upon request for those candidates taking part in the selection process.